My first reef tank is a Crystal Dynamics 250 gallon build.

OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! This is almost exactly what I have planned for my next tank! I have the Clarisea SK-5000 on my current set-up and have decided that the Geo's Roller sumps are the way to go on my next build. Looks fantastic!

I don't think you'll be disappointed in a Geosreef sump. It's a very impressive design and build.

OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks amazing. I love my CDA tank. I just set it up a few weeks ago and it's amazing

Thanks raultsu! It's encouraging to hear about other CDA tanks. They are amazing tanks. The more I work on mine, the more I know I made the right choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to be dumb but where’s your overflow box?

No worries Tommy McDonald, the photo is not the clearest because of the lighting. Maybe this shot will give you a better idea....

Overflow w Flash - 1.jpg

OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its got a synergy reef ghost overflow installed in the center. Hard to see, but that's what it's supposed to do!

toybox22, your explanation is spot on, thanks! I added another picture using a flash to hopefully shows things a bit better.

This is a perfect example to what I love about this group. Other members are willing to step up and explain things. I am looking forward to input from others of the R2R family.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy watching your new tank develop. Nice quality products and I am looking forward to the results!

OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the tank in full operation there was a rather significant problem with noise. As in the downstairs was only useful if you were looking WHITE NOISE relaxation...lol. The soothing sounds of a waterfall. This did not win any points with My Love or my son, who is working on his EE degree from his bedroom. Now that is one great use of the internet. He’s studying at Arizona State University and living with us in Utah.

So it’s time to do more research. I noticed several sumps that specifically call attention the having piping add to the drains so that the water exit while under the water. Time to make some modifications!

Quieting Step1.jpg

OP
OP
Don Lidtke

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build. I have the same tank dimensions ordered from CDA too. Following along and curious on your noise situation.

Thanks!

You won't be disappointed by the tank from CDA. They are simply gorgeous.

I have the system shutdown right now because of the rock work being worked on. Once that is done I will know more about how my noise treatment worked and I will update things here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back