shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What settings did you go with?
I went with 15-30 random from 12pm-11pm when the lights are on and 50% when lights are off to pick up detritus to push towards the filter. My return can only turn so far to the left before it stops my return is on full blast though maybe I should turn it down ?

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think it looks pretty good. I’d go with it. Flow is always good and the best thing about soft corals is their movement, so let them move lol
Are you concerned about any particular area or coral?
Yes the right side seems to be a higher flow where my favias are but. I can move things around to make the flow easier my Kenya’s Xenia and keep the favias under the pump. I’ve done research on favias and a lot say they don’t like a lot of flow. But then again what is a lot of flow anyway everything is still open and fine so I’ll just leave it alone !

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C92D059C-F6FA-429B-B419-3AE9607CB7F9.jpeg

These guys opened up quick
I don't know why people hate GSP so much, it's so pretty! Especially when you have a full wall of it like @MERKEY. :)

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is a lot of flow anyway everything is still open and fine so I’ll just leave it alone !
To me, too much flow is when Xenia are laying flat!! Lol A Xenia frag is a good way to “see” flow in a particular spot.

Still learning Flow myself. I think I’ve figured out LPS and softy coral. Have no clue what it should look like for SPS though!

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why people hate GSP so much, it's so pretty! Especially when you have a full wall of it like @MERKEY. :)
People only hate when they get further into reefing because it takes up alot of space ! For prime sps so it’s hard to get rid of if you don’t have it isolated . I found a small rock to place it on so I’m good :) !

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, too much flow is when Xenia are laying flat!! Lol A Xenia frag is a good way to “see” flow in a particular spot.

Still learning Flow myself. I think I’ve figured out LPS and softy coral. Have no clue what it should look like for SPS though!
My Xenia frag is right under my pump
A9344641-4CAB-4E29-9F00-F6664FE976F9.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People only hate when they get further into reefing because it takes up alot of space ! For prime sps so it’s hard to get rid of if you don’t have it isolated . I found a small rock to place it on so I’m good :) !
GSP Islands look so cool as well. There's a member on here that has a giant GSP island in the middle of his tank, that his clowns actually host, lol.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP Islands look so cool as well. There's a member on here that has a giant GSP island in the middle of his tank, that his clowns actually host, lol.
Gsp is actually very nice to look at I love it can’t wait until I get a wall of it will add some nice movement to the tank

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep saying I'm going to take this xenia out as soon as I get flow dialed and I do plan to but I'm using it as Guage. It seems like as long as xenia are happy with flow the rest of my flow happy corals stay happy. Just kinda wish my shrooms thought the same way.
I am removing it asap. It does grow and spread like a weed and has claimed one of my cherished gulf rocks. Bunch of its legs are starting to split and walk on the discs now its only a matter of time before it happens again.
20211003_160336.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is underrated in my book as well ;)

Once a weed always a weed I guess ;Hilarious ;Bored

It does make a nice back drop, blends well with the torches too ;)

Not a full wall but a little more than half way there :p
20211003_155543.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is underrated in my book as well ;)

Once a weed always a weed I guess ;Hilarious ;Bored

It does make a nice back drop, blends well with the torches too ;)

Not a full wall but a little more than half way there :p
20211003_155543.jpg
I've been looking at doing something like this. Its doesn't bother the torches? I wonder how sticks would feel about it in general vicinity. My wife doesn't like the "clean" look i keep on my back wall lol

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take this for example!
Since I took that picture I think I have peeled that top shelf rock 3 times, and sold probably 100 frags to local lfs for store credit.

Gsp and xenia are money makers for any hobbyist that can grow them. They don't command high dollars per frag, but I've never had an LFS say no to $5-$10 frags of zenia and gsp. From what I gather they usually don't ship well from importers are wholesalers.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I took that picture I think I have peeled that top shelf rock 3 times, and sold probably 100 frags to local lfs for store credit.

Gsp and xenia are money makers for any hobbyist that can grow them. They don't command high dollars per frag, but I've never had an LFS say no to $5-$10 frags of zenia and gsp. From what I gather they usually don't ship well from importers are wholesalers.
This is exactly what I plan to do with my xenia. Ive seen lfs I bought mine from have entire 5' frag tanks full of them and they sell out super quick. All im going to do is trade frags for other corals. For whatever reason xenia loves to grow in my system. A little too much haha

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is also what makes me question peoples thinking. GSP and xenia are 2 of the most fast growing and hardy coral in the hobby...
Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is also what makes me question peoples thinking. GSP and xenia are 2 of the most fast growing and hardy coral in the hobby...
Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar
I keep it separated from other rocks so it doesn't encroach on other corals. I had a system before where I let it get out of control and it was not fun trying to scrape off every last piece from rocks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back