JBJ 20 gallon AIO reef tank

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some goniopora love sps systems and thrive well.
Very odd coral.
Yeah mine don't look so great since i started pushing a little more flow at it tbh. You wouldn't think 30 par can make or break a coral but I do have a cpl shrooms with 15 par window and they suck. Ive seen gonis being ran on ab+ sps schedule thriving. Maybe they do need the heavier par to thrive idk.
I'm going to lower flow on mine and see if it extends better for me. It was doing better before i made flow adjustment.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine don't look so great since i started pushing a little more flow at it tbh. You wouldn't think 30 par can make or break a coral but I do have a cpl shrooms with 15 par window and they suck. Ive seen gonis being ran on ab+ sps schedule thriving. Maybe they do need the heavier par to thrive idk.
I'm going to lower flow on mine and see if it extends better for me. It was doing better before i made flow adjustment.
I personally believe since I barely have nitrates some gonis like dirty tanks I’m gonna test before my water change if I don’t see nitrates I may skip another one unless phosphates get out of control.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually running mine lower than suggested. I was told 200 par in system it came out of but its sitting around 170 atm. It actually may not be enough.
Also spoke with reeflounge the vendor who sent it to me says they keep there frags under 175 par for full extension

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also spoke with reeflounge the vendor who sent it to me says they keep there frags under 175 par for full extension
They may very well need to be feed in lower par. Some reefers swear the success come from feeding. Some say they never feed but run in higher par. Idk.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may very well need to be feed in lower par. Some reefers swear the success come from feeding. Some say they never feed but run in higher par. Idk.
I don’t know what to believe in reefing now and days it’s one of those things that you need to experience yourself before anything

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me get you up to speed
I have 1 tank that is the cube this is the most recent update.

63C81F40-54F9-4567-A114-7EACD1DC939F.jpeg

the submarine is something my wife added to the tank “for her liking” she doesn’t know a lot about saltwater since we have been keeping freshwater tanks. All those other pics are before my tank crashed and went out of control. I ended up doing a rip clean ( meaning rinsing sand rock all the above )to try and save what I had left it’s been 1 month and my tank is currently in good standing to the point where I can put in more coral
It’s parked in its secret lair right now. :D

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know my gonis look best the day after feeding.
Good extension today.
We have to learn our livestock. The wants and needs. This one hated medium light. Would not extend.
20211015_092410.jpg

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my gonis look best the day after feeding.
Good extension today.
We have to learn our livestock. The wants and needs. This one hated medium light. Would not extend.
20211015_092410.jpg
Is it me or do all fish photobomb lol
These are beautiful

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back