JBJ 20 gallon AIO reef tank

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use Kalk. It I just recently found out it decreases phosphates and It played a part in my Dino outbreak maybe further down the line when my frags are bigger

Is there a product you recommend for adding calcium ? Maybe something DIY ?
Yea I had to fight Dino’s to that was not fun lol in that case maybe just get some two part like seachem but just calcium , I dose calcium occasionally to because I run into the same problem

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i use kent liquid,or seachem liquid.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I had to fight Dino’s to that was not fun lol in that case maybe just get some two part like seachem but just calcium , I dose calcium occasionally to because I run into the same problem
i use kent liquid,or seachem liquid.
Awesome ! Thank you guys I’ll check the pet store tomorrow ! I’ll also test again to see if there were any errors using salifert test kits can be tricky

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning! Cthulhu is well and awake.

bta hi.jpg

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
indeed I only had the tank set up since January and I believe I had a tank crash and killed most of corals even a mushroom…
Similar situation here. I'm two years into my Red Sea AIO 34 gal tank, year one was great corals were looking great....till out of nowhere tank crashed is what I call it. I've lost at least $1,000 in corals only thing that live is palys and my gsp is barely hanging on. IDK what I'm doing wrong about to call it if my fish weren't so awesome and doing so well I'd of long ago. I know patience is key I get that but still very discouraging to go from great to sucky two years into it.

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome ! Thank you guys I’ll check the pet store tomorrow ! I’ll also test again to see if there were any errors using salifert test kits can be tricky
Hanna checkers yet pricey are the best IMO. Salifert is good just for me I had a hard time determining what color was closest to what reading.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar situation here. I'm two years into my Red Sea AIO 34 gal tank, year one was great corals were looking great....till out of nowhere tank crashed is what I call it. I've lost at least $1,000 in corals only thing that live is palys and my gsp is barely hanging on. IDK what I'm doing wrong about to call it if my fish weren't so awesome and doing so well I'd of long ago. I know patience is key I get that but still very discouraging to go from great to sucky two years into it.
Yes it was very discouraging at first but my fish were still alive and I was not gonna leave them tankless lol so I did a restart and things are looking good !

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have a guy in need of some help with bacteria hitting his acropora. I know nothing about treatment.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm still didn’t receive the reef candy ! @James_O @Mibu so i can’t review it yet !

also @fishguy242 @dvgyfresh i was doing the alk test wrong ! I kept putting 5ML of water instead of 4ml I have no idea why I was doing that lack of sleep is to blame !
so the results are
Calcium: 410
Alk:8.9

my salt mixes at 9dkh so we are good !

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mmm still didn’t receive the reef candy ! @James_O @Mibu so i can’t review it yet !

also @fishguy242 @dvgyfresh i was doing the alk test wrong ! I kept putting 5ML of water instead of 4ml I have no idea why I was doing that lack of sleep is to blame !
so the results are

Weird about no candy.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

so the results are

Ah man, that’s unfortunate! Probably just held up somewhere, I’m sure it will come in. ;)

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was over 4 inches per polyp. Then I got the powder blue.... Nearly killed all my gonis.
It’s crazy how stuff can completely wipe out corals … speaking of wiping out corals guess what found while I was staring at my tank……..
323A832B-70E8-4529-AA2A-1C6A77B17A5E.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back