JBJ 20 gallon AIO reef tank

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s crazy how stuff can completely wipe out corals … speaking of wiping out corals guess what found while I was staring at my tank……..
323A832B-70E8-4529-AA2A-1C6A77B17A5E.jpeg
what is it.??

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I just saw this. That sucks man. Can you safely remove it without damaging the polyp?
Yes ! There very easy to remove once you see them I sucked it up in a turkey bastor and currently dipping the zoa frag now

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
going to need to dip every 3 days ,for eggs...:(keep close eye on other zoas...

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefChasers i just received the food ! And just fed it to my tank I had a great response from my zoas and favia ! Also my clowns attacked it as well and there lucky eaters ! I’ll post a pic of the corals in an hour after they settled after eating thank you again and can’t wait to log this journey to new food

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8A404B46-F5DD-40DD-8FB1-0C2B99076187.jpeg

91290C4A-BEA0-43B4-B93B-A549B9C8DD80.jpeg

They are settling in nicely ! Since I’m not registering nutrients on my salifert test should I skip this water change or continue with my 10% weekly ? I have no algae growth besides the film I get after feeding reefroids. My gsp has been closed for a couple days but I know there stubborn

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8A404B46-F5DD-40DD-8FB1-0C2B99076187.jpeg

91290C4A-BEA0-43B4-B93B-A549B9C8DD80.jpeg

They are settling in nicely ! Since I’m not registering nutrients on my salifert test should I skip this water change or continue with my 10% weekly ? I have no algae growth besides the film I get after feeding reefroids. My gsp has been closed for a couple days but I know there stubborn
Id probably skip it. Im seeing same thing once I deep cleaned after a few weeks my rock has been able to process nutrients and keep them down. Nice change and great thing to be battling on the other end. Just because they aren't really registering doesn't mean they aren't there. Wouldnt strip the system though. Probably move to 10% biweekly just to keep things fresh.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id probably skip it. Im seeing same thing once I deep cleaned after a few weeks my rock has been able to process nutrients and keep them down. Nice change and great thing to be battling on the other end. Just because they aren't really registering doesn't mean they aren't there. Wouldnt strip the system though. Probably move to 10% biweekly just to keep things fresh.
That’s what I was thinking ! Yeah everything is open and my parameters are stable so why not

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I was thinking ! Yeah everything is open and my parameters are stable so why not
For sure. I'm doing about 10% biweekly in shroom lagoon. Realisticly doing it out of stubbornness to replenish trace elements im not testing for and it seems everything perks right when I do. I do siphon out whatever nasties I can see with 5 micron sock back to sump once or twice a week in between water changes.
I think your right on target man. Keep nice little fat bellies on your fish. Make your cuc work and see what your system can process. Im all about high import and export at this point:)

High import to me is healthy feedings and keeping everyone happy. The deep clean certainly helped export and keeping things balanced.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. I'm doing about 10% biweekly in shroom lagoon. Realisticly doing it out of stubbornness to replenish trace elements im not testing for and it seems everything perks right when I do. I do siphon out whatever nasties I can see with 5 micron sock back to sump once or twice a week in between water changes.
I think your right on target man. Keep nice little fat bellies on your fish. Make your cuc work and see what your system can process. Im all about high import and export at this point:)

High import to me is healthy feedings and keeping everyone happy. The deep clean certainly helped export and keeping things balanced.
It’s easier for me to do biweekly , but I was gonna rent a par meter today and see what my light schedule is about. I plan on having mostly LPS/soft corals maybe MAYBE 1-2 sps on the top this is what I have currently maybe it’s too much maybe not enough who knows because I don’t haha I need a better understanding
3E3A96CC-FB96-4C3D-A230-7AC892CFE607.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back