My first saltwater build bowfront 150 aga dual durso overflows

droog1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all longtime lurker first time salt builder, previous tank experience is 10, 50, 100, 120 freshwater from planted schooler tanks up to crowded aggressives, (one bit my wife they didn't last long lol). anyway for this build using a 150 AGA with dual factory durso downpipes, aqualight pro 250w MH light setup, basically cleared out the shallow closet in my mancave plumbed in the DI ( several LFS say our water is good enuf for no need for RO) sanded out and painted it the highest reflective white i could find, flipped the outlet to the opposite side of the dry wall so that there are no wires ODF (out der flappin) have 3 sumps to chose from a 20 gallon i need to mod and 2 20 gallon preplumbed. the questions i have right now are as follows
1. looking at using 2 schd wave-makers (3 outlets to tank and 1 to a ATS) what pump would i need to run both to save space in the sump.
2. remote dsb with 2 inches in tank or ats running on a reverse light cycle.
and finally
3.plans for the tank is leathers , zoas, maybe some of the nicer stuff as the tank matures. stocking plans are hopefully to be a mated pair maroon clowns, mandarins, chromis, and maybe more as tank matures, not looking for anything non tank raised i hate harvesting methods and living on the Florida gulf coast just reinforces why. but i digress looking for advice on a skimmer currently have a coralife 220g but from what ive read they are not worth the burn mark on the driveway if ya lit one cycling gasoline (do not try this at home kids) so anyways helpful tips and all welcome

Last edited:

Antonias1391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool

sounding good, what kinda ballast and bulbs are in the MH?? also i would suggest iether a deltec, octopus, or a vertex skimmer. id also suggest not keeping leathers. id go with a bunch of LPS. you will find out what ya like just try a bit of each coral :D good luck

OP
OP
D

droog1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took a second , but tracked down what i had on the lights. they are 10,000K 250watt HQI with remote ballasts the Actinics are 03 Blue power compacts.
anyone have experience with running a remote dsb or has built a succesful ats would love to hear ya chime in.
is there anywhere i can buy a pro built ATS? My DIY skills are really lacking and i am really interested in getting this installed before i do the salt fill.
Also anyone care to chime in on running two schd's on one pump?
this week im in orlando next week ill be back home in pensacolaandy good places i can go check out down here for gear deals?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back