OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my corals have graduated from Qt and are ready to go in my Dt. I am having designers block and am looking for opinions on placement.

The tank is going to be predominantly lps with the possibility of a toadstool leather coral at some point, and maybe a few sps.

My light is going to have good par numbers for lps at only 50% so I will be able to turn it up or down if needed. Here are par numbers at 50%.

20210712_074300.jpg

Here is a few pictures of my display

Front
20210910_172147.jpg

Left side
20210910_172210.jpg

Right side
20210910_172158.jpg

Corals shot
20210910_172122.jpg
20210910_172139.jpg
20210910_172130.jpg

Thanks in advance

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang those frags are juicy! I would definitely try to keep all the hammers together, along with the torches. (Not side by side because I hear they can still kill each other)

I would put the Alveopora near the top.

OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang those frags are juicy! I would definitely try to keep all the hammers together, along with the torches. (Not side by side because I hear they can still kill each other)

I would put the Alveopora near the top.
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I will post some pictures in a few days after everyone settled in.

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building my control cabinet.... So after I had a finished design I made a drawing showing all important dimensions, and I also did a wood layout for cutting the pieces from a 4x8 sheet (Not all pieces shown, I had some wood lying around for the missing pieces).

Screenshot 2021-04-23 234120.jpg

20210312_132830.jpg

So next step was cutting all of the pieces, and screwing everything together. I used pocket holes (Kreg Jig) to attach everything together. Once assembled I used a sander to make all of the seams where the wood came together perfect and a little painters caulk to fix any imperfections in the joints. For the controller wire holes I knew that I was going to use computer desk grommets so I did a layout of all of the holes and drilled them with a drill press before I screwed the panel into the cabinet.
20210228_223248.jpg

For the door hinges I ordered some stainless steel soft close European soft close hinges. ( SEVGTY Concealed Hinges 2-Packs, Full Overlay 110 Degree European Frameless Hydraulic Stainless Steel Soft Close Hinges for Drawer Window Cupboard Cabinet Door Hinges with Screws - - Amazon.com ) They are almost identical to what came on my Waterbox Stand, mount those I made a jig with all of the hole locations. I put the cup holes in the door first and then attached the hinges. Then with the hinges attached to the door I set the door on the cabinet and transferred the locations to the cabinet. This allowed me to get really good alignment on the doors. Really this step is pretty forgiving as these style of hinges have lots of adjustment to get them lined up correctly.

Here are a couple of pictures of the stand prior to paint.

20210302_090734.jpg
20210302_090750.jpg

I had the stand painted because I knew I would never be happy with any paint job that I was capable of. An Amish furniture painting shop was about 30 minutes away so I had them paint it. I took in the door from my Waterbox stand with cabinet so that they could match the paint. They did a great job as it matches my stand perfectly. They gave me the extra paint and it actually said Waterbox Black on it.

Here are a couple of pictures. I will cover the wiring etc. in another post.

20210411_103908.jpg
20210416_164530.jpg
would there be a way to get those prints and cut list made for a 24'' wide inside x 24" total depth cabinet? Great work! glad i did the research. fits my needs perfect

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building my control cabinet.... So after I had a finished design I made a drawing showing all important dimensions, and I also did a wood layout for cutting the pieces from a 4x8 sheet (Not all pieces shown, I had some wood lying around for the missing pieces).

20210312_132830.jpg

So next step was cutting all of the pieces, and screwing everything together. I used pocket holes (Kreg Jig) to attach everything together. Once assembled I used a sander to make all of the seams where the wood came together perfect and a little painters caulk to fix any imperfections in the joints. For the controller wire holes I knew that I was going to use computer desk grommets so I did a layout of all of the holes and drilled them with a drill press before I screwed the panel into the cabinet.
20210228_223248.jpg

For the door hinges I ordered some stainless steel soft close European soft close hinges. ( SEVGTY Concealed Hinges 2-Packs, Full Overlay 110 Degree European Frameless Hydraulic Stainless Steel Soft Close Hinges for Drawer Window Cupboard Cabinet Door Hinges with Screws - - Amazon.com ) They are almost identical to what came on my Waterbox Stand, mount those I made a jig with all of the hole locations. I put the cup holes in the door first and then attached the hinges. Then with the hinges attached to the door I set the door on the cabinet and transferred the locations to the cabinet. This allowed me to get really good alignment on the doors. Really this step is pretty forgiving as these style of hinges have lots of adjustment to get them lined up correctly.

20210302_090734.jpg
20210302_090750.jpg

I had the stand painted because I knew I would never be happy with any paint job that I was capable of. An Amish furniture painting shop was about 30 minutes away so I had them paint it. I took in the door from my Waterbox stand with cabinet so that they could match the paint. They did a great job as it matches my stand perfectly. They gave me the extra paint and it actually said Waterbox Black on it.

20210411_103908.jpg
20210416_164530.jpg
any other pics of the cabinet build?

OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would there be a way to get those prints and cut list made for a 24'' wide inside x 24" total depth cabinet? Great work! glad i did the research. fits my needs perfect
Unfortunately I don't have time to do that right now but your more than welcome to alter the dimensions shown on the print and make it to whatever dimensions you'd like. So for example if your good with the height but want it longer just change the size of all of the boards in the direction of the length by the amount you want.

The cut layout was done manually and was not tied to the cabinet model, so as the design of the cabinet changes that cut sheet would have to be manually altered to reflect the changes.

any other pics of the cabinet build?
I didn't take any pictures of the actual building of the cabinet. At the time in didn't think about it.

Sorry I wasn't much help, but hopefully you can adjust those dimensions to get what you want.

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210312_132830.jpg

20210228_223248.jpg

20210302_090734.jpg
20210302_090750.jpg

20210411_103908.jpg
20210416_164530.jpg
what view is the bottom left model depicting on your drawing

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the inspiration. this cabinet fit all my needs. i was able to take your prints and adjust the dimensions to my needs, even changed the door swing to the other side. wish i could work fusion 360 to make a set of plans.

OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the inspiration. this cabinet fit all my needs. i was able to take your prints and adjust the dimensions to my needs, even changed the door swing to the other side. wish i could work fusion 360 to make a set of plans.
Sorry I couldn't help, normally I would. Just had a baby and I have 4 children under 4. Momma had a c section so I am running things alone for a few weeks. Busy is an understatement.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back