OP
OP
Joey Mig

Joey Mig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i added my first coral frags yesterday, my lfs had a buy 2 get one sale. I got a zoa , a florida ricordea and a xenia. I havent posted pics cause my phone doesnt take great pics. anyway got up this morning and the xenia is gone , looks like something ate it.

OP
OP
Joey Mig

Joey Mig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up quick at about noon
knew that I had to hit the lfs soon
I gotta browse before the day begins
before my ol lady starts ******* about my fins
about to go and darn near went mad
looked in my tank and it was pretty bad
my condy went for a trip
and into the pwerhead got ripped

so yeah, i work nights and usually sleep till 3 or 4 but i have training the next 2 days during the day so i have been trying to get on a day schedule . I woke at at noon and walked into the living room and looked at the tank. my condy was halfway through the power head and chinks of his foot were every where. so followed a massive water change and a trip to the lfs for saltwater. Changed filter media as well.

OP
OP
Joey Mig

Joey Mig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
replaced the condy with a rock flower anemone .......two days later and he has scampered off somewhere and i cant find him. .......no more nems for me until i get the 75 gal up and running

OP
OP
Joey Mig

Joey Mig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welll it's been awhile , a lot has happened in my personal life and my tank life. I had to put the 75 gallon tank on hold for now. I broke down and got a green long tentacle anemone and within 2 days my clarki clown was loving on it. about a month later I came out and my clown was dead...no marks , no sign of disease no idea. The anemone started roaming around the tank after that and one morning I found him stuck in my wave pump. he was sucked through and destroy because I had put mesh bags around the pumps but he had lost a few tentacles. a week later it died. I am fixin to replace the cheap wave pumps I have with hydors. The first coral frags I put in the tank all got eaten by something (I still don't know what) except for the ricordia , That got buried by my damsel who decided he want to build a cave where there wasn't one. Now I am fighting cyano.

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rough go at it. I completely understand. The tank I’m running right now is almost 2 years old. Nothing in it is over a year old except a hammer coral and some star polyps. Maybe a few snails n such too. I’ve never had such trouble with a tank. I too am currently fighting cyano. As well as hair algae. I hope the tides turn in your favor soon and you can get some enjoyment from you’re investment. It a shame about your Clarkii. I had one years ago. Loved that mean sob. If you get to running out of options for the cyano there’s always Chemiclean!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back