My First Saltwater Tank and First Cycle | Bubbles on the Surface and Bacterial Bloom

ValenS22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm New into Saltwater Tanks (well, aquariums in general) So, My First Saltwater Aquarium, I've Used the Aquaforest Sea Salt for my 96 Liters Tank and After applying Bio S (The Bacterias)
I would say maybe 15 minutes or so, the tank got all cloudy and full of Microbubbles on the surface of the tank, I decided to read more about this and while I'm not quite sure what causes the micro bubbles i've read that the bacteria multiplies so fast that the water gets cloudy ¿is this true? and if So, is There any way to fix it? or should I just leave it like that and with the days the water becomes clearer? I don't Know,
I Tought that this was because i added to much Salt

Anyway any help will be welcome :)

(sorry if I misspelled some sentences, I don't speak english)

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much salt? You got a refractometer?
Include more tank info....some of what you describe is common for new tanks and may takes weeks or months to get through all the different phases ...sounds like you are in the beginning somewhere..
...your English is fine...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back