xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Struggle with tank choice
i went tank shopping for 2 to 3 weeks, time was ticking before all the black friday sales were over. I started looking at red sea 200xl, then waterbox 70.2, then back and forth and never get to decide which one im getting. Then when i was doing more research and came across CADE. i really liked it but the price was a big turn off. Did more research, and i seemed to cant get the idea of having a CADe tank off my head. i was trying to justify the cost and calculate in my head. Yes, its expensive but its gotten gravity driven ATO, it has a built in power control center, it has side swing door for easier access, etc. calculation kept on going for a whole week....its few hundreds more expensive to the same model in US than AUS but black Nov deal include sand, rock, addictive and etc to cover some of the cost. I kinda set my eyes on the cade 900 s2, it is a good size for my small condo. However, i have seen most hobbyists upgrade their tank fairly soon after having success in their smaller tank. So one day i looked puzzled sitting in the living room, trying to do some measurement in my living room. My wife knew i was thinking to add a fish tank, but she never knew the size of the tank i was planning to get(the biggest tank i ever owned was a 40G breeder). I told her about the 900 which is 3ft long, then i tried my luck pushing the 1200 a 4ft long tank. She wasnt against the 4ft idea!!!! Happy wife happy hobby. Note i help to do laundry, dishes, wash my kids‘ bottles and cook.

so i finally pulled the trigger on cade 1200 s2, ordered yesterday 11/29
then i also quickly came up with a build list
Return PUMP—> vectra m2
Protein skimmer—> GW7
lighting—> kessil a9x x1 at this time, may have to add1 more later on
what else do i need? What do you suggest for the sump media compartment? What addictive do you suggest to kick start my cycling process? Need your advice!!!

at the mean time, im selling my other small freshwater tanks to make room for this big boy 1200.
im excited but also anxious starting this saltwater hobby but i guess theres no turning back.
i will add more pic once i receive the tank.

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the tank! The kit from algaebarn includes Turbostart 900 to kick the cycle off.
Things you might need: heater controller and heater, water testing equipment, magnet scrapper, reef glue or epoxy putty for the rocks. What are you going to do for salt water? That big of a tank will require a decent amount of water for changes. Might want to get a RODI setup.

OP
OP
X

xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the tank! The kit from algaebarn includes Turbostart 900 to kick the cycle off.
Things you might need: heater controller and heater, water testing equipment, magnet scrapper, reef glue or epoxy putty for the rocks. What are you going to do for salt water? That big of a tank will require a decent amount of water for changes. Might want to get a RODI setup.
Thx for the suggestion above. How much % water change would you suggest? And how often? I would start with fish only then slowly add corals as my comfort level grows

M

Max_nano

View Badges
Nice, how long are they saying until the tank will arrive? Im really interested in these tanks, but while I have a tank size limit I want to just start to plan what I’ll do when I can go big like this.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
X

xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, how long are they saying until the tank will arrive? Im really interested in these tanks, but while I have a tank size limit I want to just start to plan what I’ll do when I can go big like this.

Enjoy!
I ordered on 11/29. i reached out to algaebarn 2 days later, they were inspecting the tanks. I haven’t heard any update ever since. They use USPS priority or UPS for $25 extra so my guess is once they are ready to ship out then the tank should arrive in 2-3 days after that.

M

Max_nano

View Badges
I ordered on 11/29. i reached out to algaebarn 2 days later, they were inspecting the tanks. I haven’t heard any update ever since. They use USPS priority or UPS for $25 extra so my guess is once they are ready to ship out then the tank should arrive in 2-3 days after that.
Oh that’s amazing. So it sounds like they are importing them to a US distribution center instead of drop shipping from Australia. That’s probably safer

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Cade 1800 on the 23rd and still have not received response on when I'm going to get it. Reached out and they said some will get in touch, last week. No contact. Getting upset. But I'm looking forward to the tank. I'm running a 28 g JBJ nano right now, so moving way up. Congrats on the tank. Following.

OP
OP
X

xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Cade 1800 on the 23rd and still have not received response on when I'm going to get it. Reached out and they said some will get in touch, last week. No contact. Getting upset. But I'm looking forward to the tank. I'm running a 28 g JBJ nano right now, so moving way up. Congrats on the tank. Following.
We are on the same boat then. I feel they should at least give us some updates the status of the order, so we have some idea the wait time is once we ordered.
You have a big jump from having a 28g to this CADE 1800!!! Im coming from a 40g FW, so im excited but also anxious starting this new tank.

OP
OP
X

xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just received the protein skimmer and return pump.

Attachments

• 1BBB626B-5F9C-49CC-A973-52B81396C7FF.jpeg
    1BBB626B-5F9C-49CC-A973-52B81396C7FF.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 5CDFE769-AD6A-4011-9E66-754C7EED53B7.jpeg
    5CDFE769-AD6A-4011-9E66-754C7EED53B7.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
X

xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't regret the GW7 skimmer it is awsome. I have ordered the same tank, saw it setup at the LFS. Looks great and very quiet.
Good to know. Saw a few reef youtubers were using GW7 in their channels on their own tanks , its on the more expensive side but i rather get something better at first than having to buy something to replace later. Do you have a build thread? Im still deciding on other stuff
Good luck with your build!

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be UPS, the post office does not handle anything the big/heavy, they don’t have freight services

OP
OP
X

xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be UPS, the post office does not handle anything the big/heavy, they don’t have freight services
I dont know. I was given 2 options when i checked out. USPS or UPS

OP
OP
X

xhxxh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll like the 1200, I’ve had mine since the beginning of Oct.

Take it slow and don’t rush it. I know it’s hard but it’s better.
Latest update. Got a call from algaebarn, freight company will pick up my tank today. I should expect my tank by next week.

what do you use for wave pump?
Debating if i need a algae scrubber or algae reactor if the sump already has a chamber for chaeto growth for nutrient export

JMac82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update. Got a call from algaebarn, freight company will pick up my tank today. I should expect my tank by next week.

what do you use for wave pump?
Debating if i need a algae scrubber or algae reactor if the sump already has a chamber for chaeto growth for nutrient export
I’m using a ReefWave 25 and AI Nero 3 for wavemakers. I also have a Skimz algae reactor for the chaet.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back