My first 'scape - thoughts?

I ❤ Sea-Monkeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! It's my first tank - a Red Sea E-170 24" w x 22" deep and 22" high - and your opinion would be appreciated! Am I building in a mistake somewhere? Missing something? I watched BRStv's "23 aquascape mistakes" and many others.

My tank design plan is "lair of the tentacle monsters" - an lps set up, including a plate coral, tube anem - so there will be a high sand bed area., a serpent star, a couple of clowns, emerald crab. The pinnacles top out at 16".

I have BRS cement and I'm going to really reinforce the glue seams and get those pieces solid.

That said - what do you think?

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! It's my first tank - a Red Sea E-170 24" w x 22" deep and 22" high - and your opinion would be appreciated! Am I building in a mistake somewhere? Missing something? I watched BRStv's "23 aquascape mistakes" and many others.

My tank design plan is "lair of the tentacle monsters" - an lps set up, including a plate coral, tube anem - so there will be a high sand bed area., a serpent star, a couple of clowns, emerald crab. The pinnacles top out at 16".

I have BRS cement and I'm going to really reinforce the glue seams and get those pieces solid.

That said - what do you think?
The video does not display. I have seen that only YouTube links function here for videos.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. Be sure it is not too close to glass for cleaning. Don't want to bump your corals. Also, I might add another rock or 2 to make at least 1 cave. You have swim throughs, but some fish need caves and crevices to hide.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum fellow sea monkey lover. I bought my first sea monkeys back in 1983 and one refused to die. Now he just sits around taking up space..........the rent is late again, Mr. Poseidon.
crash.jpg

Last edited:

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot see the build, but I would suggest Dead man’s fingers (Codium), a genus of macroalgae. Definitely counts as a “tentacle monster” in my opinion. Live specimens are often sold on eBay.

OP
OP
I ❤ Sea-Monkeys

I ❤ Sea-Monkeys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. Be sure it is not too close to glass for cleaning. Don't want to bump your corals. Also, I might add another rock or 2 to make at least 1 cave. You have swim throughs, but some fish need caves and crevices to hide.
Thanks and good point about more caves/crevices. So last night, I created more caves by building out from the big arch and have space for more hides on the other side once I get more rock for a medium background wall.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back