OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to get some more dawn and dusk pictures added. Favorite time in the tank.

FA74F74F-23AB-447D-A118-FEB4EE85BB15.jpeg

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glue the hammer up on the rocks lol

I’ve moved it over to another part of the tank, it seems to really like the sand, but if this goby continues to reck havoc then yes I will move it up on the rocks. I didn’t realize gobies completely changed the tanks landscape. He has been hard at work all day moving sand from one area to another.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve moved it over to another part of the tank, it seems to really like the sand, but if this goby continues to reck havoc then yes I will move it up on the rocks. I didn’t realize gobies completely changed the tanks landscape. He has been hard at work all day moving sand from one area to another.
Yup they’re good sand sifters(from what I’ve heard lol) what kind do you have?
I want a diamond goby to soft sand and I want a watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair just because it’s a cool symbiotic relationship to watch in the tank

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a diamond. I knew he would sift sand, I also knew he would dig a hole to live in, I did not know he would proceed to move all my sand around the tank. I have mounts in some areas and holes in another, you can see the bottom of the tank. Why? I don’t know he’s crazy.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a diamond. I knew he would sift sand, I also knew he would dig a hole to live in, I did not know he would proceed to move all my sand around the tank. I have mounts in some areas and holes in another, you can see the bottom of the tank. Why? I don’t know he’s crazy.i haven’t experienced them yet but I’m sure I’m gonna laugh once I get one and it starts movin sand around in my tank lol

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was worried about my lights not being strong enough for some of the new LPS that I got. Especially the ones down on the sand bed. So I decided to supplement my LEDs with some T5 fixtures. I went with a T5 hybrid that can also house LEDs. I bought the aquatic life 48” T5 fixture. I put in two blue+ and two coral+ lights.

I like them because my current LEDs will fit, and when I finally bite the bullet and upgrade them this system will work as well.

8074DB8E-F718-4E92-A197-7F6E5F9FA815.jpeg

I'm slowly ramping up the amount of hours they are on a day. I think I will add an hour every three days until they are on for 8 hours.

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this weekend I had a good tank day, it like a good hair day where everything looks good and just like a good hair day it is a very rare occurrence.
CBC13CF3-B1E1-49F1-B2F8-80B429E35C7D.jpeg
D6384348-1957-407E-B7B0-4DE647E51931.jpeg
E0127156-5FC4-4DB3-9E8E-2373919C00A7.jpeg

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe she was just molting. Glad to see her.

Yes, I think she was molting or was injured in the move and just staying out of sight while she recovered from either of those things. Now she is front and center as always, fighting the cleaner for food and digging out her spot when the goby tries to bury it.

The peppermint shrimp and the goby are waging a very passive aggressive war against each other right now. The goby moves sand to where the shrimp hangs out. Once the goby is gone, the shrimp moves the sand back, then the shrimp goes to get food and the goby moves it back over. Neither will make eye contact with the other, both are plotting the others demise so the sand will finally be still.

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think she was molting or was injured in the move and just staying out of sight while she recovered from either of those things. Now she is front and center as always, fighting the cleaner for food and digging out her spot when the goby tries to bury it.

The peppermint shrimp and the goby are waging a very passive aggressive war against each other right now. The goby moves sand to where the shrimp hangs out. Once the goby is gone, the shrimp moves the sand back, then the shrimp goes to get food and the goby moves it back over. Neither will make eye contact with the other, both are plotting the others demise so the sand will finally be still.
That has to be so cool to watch. BTW: I have really enjoyed your sharing of the journey.

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That has to be so cool to watch. BTW: I have really enjoyed your sharing of the journey.

Thank you, I love watch the tank. I sometimes just sit and stare at it for way longer than I should. It has been such a great way to occupy my mind. Not so great on my wallet.

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sooooooooooo... did you know you can buy corals on Ebay for like nothing? This is not going to be good for me. I bought three, and they sent me one for free, when you add in shipping and the free one that's like $18.00 a coral, who can say no to that? Here is the problem, during labor day we bought all new appliances and got some great deals, on the fridge there was a mail in rebate. I thought they would send me back a check that I could just deposit back into my savings account... but instead they sent me a visa gift card... well what was I suppose to do with that... buy a whole lot of corals.

My husband suggested we could save it to buy Christmas presents for our friends and family ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious. :oops:what a minuet when did we switch roles and he became the responsible one?

I have now pinky promised I will not buy any more corals until after Christmas. So here are my final additions for at least a month.

coral1.jpg
coral2.jpg
coral3.jpg
coral 4.jpg

However, I really want to add a RFA... and technically that is not a coral... so we will see;)

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay! My tank survived Thanksgiving. I had to leave it for 5 days and my normal person who watches it was out of town, and my backup person was out of town, and I was extremely nervous to leave it. I got home last night at 10:00pm and ran straight to my tank. Apart from my GD goby being a huge D and burring half my corals on the sand bed, everything was good. I unburried them before bed and this morning everything looked good. Thanks reefing gods for looking out for my tank.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try getting some more light on your green hammer, it will open up more and won’t have to deal with the goby doing goby stuff. Tank is looking good!

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try getting some more light on your green hammer, it will open up more and won’t have to deal with the goby doing goby stuff. Tank is looking good!

where would you recommend moving it? I read they didn’t like direct light which is why I had it under the arch, but obviously up and out of the sand would be ideal

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back