My first tank: Red Sea Reefer 170!

OP
Adriaen

Adriaen

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm going to try to keep the update streak going, since I have the time for it now.
A little while ago I spotted a few (what seem to be) spawns of my green torch coral. They are very tiny, so it's hard to take good pictures. Here are my attempts of taking a photo of the spawns:
IMG_4372.jpg
IMG_4373.jpg

My clownfish also started hosting my white torch coral, very excited about it! :D
Looks very cool IMO, since they're white as well.
IMG_4365.jpg

Avast

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah I'm very happy how things are going! Your Dutch is impressive, bedankt voor het compliment ;)
Nice addition on the green caulastrea, can't wait to see it develop like your other caulastrea colony!
Google helps with the Dutch! Ik ben niets anders dan een dwaze bedrieger.

OP
Adriaen

Adriaen

View Badges
Reaction score
Today I had a little adventure to say so. I've seen a lot of people with backup batteries for their tanks. I never invested in one, since I haven't experienced a power outage in over 10 years. Most of the power outages are fixed in under 2 hours over here, so I didn't really worry about it. However I was planning on getting a battery air pump just in case. I always thought when a power outage happened, I would just go to the store to get one.

So today was the day I had a power outage. One small problem, I just got diagnosed with COVID-19... Luckily I'm only experiencing mild symptoms, but I'm not allowed to leave my house until I'm recovered. So I was not able to go to the store and get a battery air pump. Fortunately the power outage was fixed in 40 minutes, so everything in the tank is fine. Will order an air pump asap though!

OP
Adriaen

Adriaen

View Badges
Reaction score
Always seems like a power outage happens at the worst time. Although I suppose most times are the worst times to loose power. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis though! I hope you have a quick recovery!
There probably isn't a "good" time for a power outage, but this was definitely one of the worst timings. I'm glad it was fixed really quick, so nothing bad happened.

Thanks a lot! Past few days I had a fever, but today I'm already doing a lot better. If my symptoms are gone, I can get out of quarantine on Tuesday. Will definitely get some fish and corals when this is all over :D

Zoanthids.com

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ZOANTHIDS?

• LOVE them

Votes: 355 44.5%
  • Like them

Votes: 217 27.2%
  • They're "ok"

Votes: 149 18.7%
  • Don't like them

Votes: 43 5.4%
  • Hate them

Votes: 24 3.0%