my fish are dying but not my coral

DominicSanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
i was wondering if anyone new what was going on with my tank. my tank was perfict a week ago the watter was just a bit too salty so i fixted that and waited one dayy to see what would happen and evrything was fine with the fish and coral. Then i got a new clown fish and crabs i added them and i notesed my old clown goby was breathing very hevely. i asked around and i was told that they didnt have enough oxigen so i bought an airator that thing that puts bubles in the tank that didnt seem to work and the next day my clown goby died. i know for a fact that the clown didnt kill him becas the clown was moving around with him he was feed once a day. so yesterday i woke up to an awfull egg smell in the tank and the watter was clowdy and yes when the clon fish died i took him out. so becas of the smell i whent to go get my waters tested and the lady at the store told me that evrything was on point so i did a watter change and the smell was still thear. later that night the clown fish swam vary fast and was breathing very hevy and it was pecking at the top of the tank like it wanted food so i feed it and 2 hours later it died.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Can we get a full tank pic in white light? How long has the tank been running? Rapid breathing and quick death can be a couple things. Either the tank was starved of oxygen or a disease like velvet made its way in. Do you still have other fish? If so, how are they doing currently? Notice anything odd looking about the past or present fish?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. is the tank cycled? How old is the tank? Sounds like some sort of bacterial bloom.

2. Is the crab and other inverts alive? What coral do you have?

3. Heavy breathing could also be a fish disease like velvet although right now I am leaning towards water issues since it was cloudy and smelly. Do not add any more livestock at this time.

3. Can we get a picture of the tank?

You should invest in your own test kits. Ammonia and a refractometer (with calibration fluid) to get started.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back