My Gen 5 xr30 pros went out of sync, cant get them back together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hotelbravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i have 3 radion gen5 xr30 pros and only 1 of the lights now responds to my Mobius app, it says it has 3 devices connected but the other 2 dont repond and are on their own different settings. any tips?

OP
OP
Hotelbravo

Hotelbravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it cannot connect to 2 of them but doesnt show red slash it shows blue spinning wheel. powering them off and then back on does not help.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, powercycle means unplugging them from the wall. It forces a restart. Turning them off and on doesn't do that...

If that does work, your next step is to remove the missing devices from mobius and possibly factory reset (with the buttons) and them add them back...

The good thing about having at least 1 light still communicating with mobius is that you it will keep your current lighting schedule.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try manually resetting to manufacture settings on each unit then if you don’t have anything else attached to the app , remove the app and reinstalling with any updates if any available. Next re-start your setup from scratch and see if this corrects the issue . This is what I did to solve a similar issue

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully HB doesn't have to go as far as removing the app... but maybe...
Hope not either , but in my case it was the only way to inhibit previous memory imo. I’m not sure but I just checked my app and I no longer see where your able sync the lights together . Did they change that on the mobius app ? Did they go to a auto sync ?

OP
OP
Hotelbravo

Hotelbravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, powercycle means unplugging them from the wall. It forces a restart. Turning them off and on doesn't do that...

If that does work, your next step is to remove the missing devices from mobius and possibly factory reset (with the buttons) and them add them back...

The good thing about having at least 1 light still communicating with mobius is that you it will keep your current lighting schedule.
the first thing i tried was unplugging from the wall for 1 minute and then plugging them back in. i even unplugged the one that was connected to the app to be sure.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the first thing i tried was unplugging from the wall for 1 minute and then plugging them back in. i even unplugged the one that was connected to the app to be sure.
But did you push down the proper buttons to reset each light manually first ? And try deleting The app and re downloading the app ?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If none of this works you can go to the ecotech web sight and contact their team through the trouble shooting page :cool:

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, you'll have to factory reset the lights that can't connect to mobius and then re-add them. After that it should be fine.

Also just to be sure. Go into the play store and make sure there aren't any updates for mobius. There have been quite a few lately.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back