My GEO R46 Sump in Orange & White

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fftfk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an awesome sump! I have an L4 I haven't set up yet as I'm getting ready to move. I will definitely be looking to this in the new set up. Great idea.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news this week, UPS cracked the sump. Now GEO's Reef has to build another one.

Did I mention I now hate UPS.....lol

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COOL LOOKING SUMP ... i don't know why , but now i'm in the mood to go trick or treating .

I hate UPS too - hahahaha

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scrubber on my sump is actually a Turbo Aquatics L2 Rev4, i believe the L4 is a larger size scrubber. I am sure Geo's Reef could make a nice sump for the L4 , would be nice

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news this week, UPS cracked the sump. Now GEO's Reef has to build another one.

Did I mention I now hate UPS.....lol
dvno.jpg

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx has been fantastic for me, but I don't ship huge sumps. They've done worse though, I've heard stories, I know someone who got a sump and there were forklift holes through it but the outer box was OK, turns out they re-boxed it....that one didn't turn out so well for FedEx, it's pretty hard to explain that one away.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sucks! I feel your pain. FedEx delivered two sumps to me with cracks.
The best is when you call them and tell UPS, they really could care less. Then to top it off their customer service is in Asia, woman had no clue how to help me. ........amazing

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the orange "thingy" on top of the filter socks? Love the orange and the design man..

I just dont understand why fabricators are putting reactors inside the sumps and have the fittings laid out like they do with a cover. Isnt one of the points of having a reactor actually in the sump is so that if it leaks the water goes right in the sump? In this case it looks like it would roll off and leak on the floor. Not knocking it just trying to understand.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the orange "thingy" on top of the filter socks? Love the orange and the design man..

I just dont understand why fabricators are putting reactors inside the sumps and have the fittings laid out like they do with a cover. Isnt one of the points of having a reactor actually in the sump is so that if it leaks the water goes right in the sump? In this case it looks like it would roll off and leak on the floor. Not knocking it just trying to understand.
The silencers are over the socks, he customized them in orange to match the sump. The reactor is set up that way to manifold it off of the return pump, so one pump can run the reactor, the algae scrubber and return to tank. I have done a lot of research on these sumps and everyone hasn't had any issue with them leaking , the reactor is solid and obviously have to make sure all the unions are tight and nylon screws are in place. Time will tell.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the sump. It really was sweet looking. I hate UPS also. My Elite Aquatics sump had to travel 1,600 miles to get to me and I was sure it was going to be cracked when it got here. But, it was packed really well and made it unscathed. Wish you better luck with the second one. I have an L2 scrubber also and like the way yours is mounted.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the sump. It really was sweet looking. I hate UPS also. My Elite Aquatics sump had to travel 1,600 miles to get to me and I was sure it was going to be cracked when it got here. But, it was packed really well and made it unscathed. Wish you better luck with the second one. I have an L2 scrubber also and like the way yours is mounted.
I have this kind of luck anyway. Hopefully next one comes in one piece or I am throwing in the towel. Lol

Medic58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will this launch? Will it come in 36 inches. I'm looking for something simple like this.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with UPS and Fed Ex the one thing they both do is circle their wagons and deny everything. A RPITA

Sorry to hear about the sump.

Back