My GEO R46 Sump in Orange & White

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with UPS and Fed Ex the one thing they both do is circle their wagons and deny everything. A RPITA

Sorry to hear about the sump.
That is so true, they just could care less. All the work GEO reef did to build it, and UPS could care less, I told the lady from UPS Customer Care they broke the sump, she was like oh well. Amazing

elFloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received the sump.... standard white. UPS struck again. Whole in side of box. Upon delivery I reached in and felt around. All felt OK (no cracks) and the sump was covered in a black wrapper so I couldn't see anything. There was a good bit of space between the box and the sump so that gave some protection. After opening and unpacking I found a small chip in the side of the sump. Nothing major. Guess it's really not worth the hassle of submitting a claim and having to do the build all over again.

GEO did a very good job of packaging and an amazing job on the sump.... a work of art!

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received the sump.... standard white. UPS struck again. Whole in side of box. Upon delivery I reached in and felt around. All felt OK (no cracks) and the sump was covered in a black wrapper so I couldn't see anything. There was a good bit of space between the box and the sump so that gave some protection. After opening and unpacking I found a small chip in the side of the sump. Nothing major. Guess it's really not worth the hassle of submitting a claim and having to do the build all over again.

GEO did a very good job of packaging and an amazing job on the sump.... a work of art!

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg
You got lucky......i am starting to see why some people only ship via freight on a pallet.

elFloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to focus on the shiny white plastic... but a better picture is attached. Chip is near the rounded edge.

SumpChip.jpg

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just fill it in with a little bit of marine epoxy. You can get it at home depot for about $5. Just use a piece of cardboard to scrape it flush to the surface of the sump.

elFloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taken care of with elFloyd. Thank you for the heads up @Floyd R Turbo. I spoke with my salesmen/engineer at my box company and have "HEAVY" styrofoam coming for sump boxes next week!

Yes... good to go. Now just counting down to Saturday for the sump swap and re-plumbing.

Back