OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, this is so interesting. I still don't know what I'm seeing. It almost appears as if the mouth is connecting the two, as it looks like the syphonoglyphs are exposed, while at the same time it looks like each side as a fully formed mouth. This species never ceases to amaze me.

Please keep updating us. And great work with the QT process. I know it's a lot of handle, but definitely worth it in the end.

Do you have any photos of when you first added it to your main display, prior to treatment? I'm curious to see if there are any signs of splitting while in the DT. Could it be possible that the transfer from display to QT tank caused a tear or rip that spurred the split?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok tomorrow is day 7 which mean the end of treatment. What is the next steps? Monitor with fresh mix water or start to use Aquarium water to acclimate the anemone. Thanks for your input

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well baby shower coming up the twin
Day 6

F91D8405-9B65-40CC-9DB1-7BFEA6AEE299.jpeg
3AAF52AF-EB62-4E18-ABB5-31DA85501C24.jpeg
Is each side fully detached from one another? Do you see a mouth on each side? And is the mouth fully formed?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is each side fully detached from one another? Do you see a mouth on each side? And is the mouth fully formed?
It's almost completely detach as u can see in picture. 1 anemone definitely have a mouth the other is hard to see cause all the flesh is inflated

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok tomorrow is day 7 which mean the end of treatment. What is the next steps? Monitor with fresh mix water or start to use Aquarium water to acclimate the anemone. Thanks for your input
I usually do one final water change without adding Cipro and then I observe it in the QT tank for another week. No need to change the water unless it looks cloudy or there is still dead zoox or anything else that the anemone is expelling. If all looks good after a week, it goes into the DT.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually do one final water change without adding Cipro and then I observe it in the QT tank for another week. No need to change the water unless it looks cloudy or there is still dead zoox or anything else that the anemone is expelling. If all looks good after a week, it goes into the DT.
Fresh mix water or display tank water

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once gigantea are established they're bullet-proof. I don't think the water makes a difference, so either fresh salt or tank water is fine. That said, it's probably ideal to start with fresh salt then slowly mix in tank water over the course of the week.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the haddoni doing in the DT? Is it's mouth still open? IME haddoni and gigantea and infect one another, so just need to be careful.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once gigantea are established they're bullet-proof. I don't think the water makes a difference, so either fresh salt or tank water is fine. That said, it's probably ideal to start with fresh salt then slowly mix in tank water over the course of the week.
Got it will do 50/50

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seem to me that the two have not completely separated and that the mouth have not yet formed.
Thanks for saying this. Was taking a look at the picture and wasn't exactly sure what I was seeing. What I would have asked - is exactly what you just said :)

To the OP: Very cool. Selfishly, I would ask you not intervene but keep taking pictures of what is happening with the eventual separation. A couple short videos would be awesome to have on record.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for saying this. Was taking a look at the picture and wasn't exactly sure what I was seeing. What I would have asked - is exactly what you just said :)

To the OP: Very cool. Selfishly, I would ask you not intervene but keep taking pictures of what is happening with the eventual separation. A couple short videos would be awesome to have on record.
Will do

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the latest it completely become 2 anemone I remove some piece of flesh stuck on the rock so it doesn't spoil the water. I don't know it look pretty bad may not going to make it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back