My Goby is eating my 2 Nassarius Snails Snorkels

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again. I noticed that my Diamond goby likes to eat my 2 Nassarius snails snorkels whenever they come out. Forcing them to go back in. Is this okay? Or is this something I need to take action to? I think it’s because my snails always go into my gobies cave . But I can’t blame them because they don’t have good eyesight and rely on sense and smell. My goby has definitely got a temper. Thanks in advance.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've actually seen this? What kind of goby? That's very strange. You can't change a fishes behavior so you'll have to decide what you like better, the fish or the snails.

OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my diamond goby. He’s a fish with some attitude. My dad doesn’t reLly like him because he eats a bunch of copepods off the glass that’s for our baby mandarin goby. I’m guessing it’s because we don’t feed him until he’s full. He also like to steal the shrimp I give to my fire shrimp and my royal gramma, even when I’m trying to feed him his own. Thanks for the info.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my diamond goby. He’s a fish with some attitude. My dad doesn’t reLly like him because he eats a bunch of copepods off the glass that’s for our baby mandarin goby. I’m guessing it’s because we don’t feed him until he’s full. He also like to steal the shrimp I give to my fire shrimp and my royal gramma, even when I’m trying to feed him his own. Thanks for the info.
You feeding your fire shrimp some shrimp? That's just wrong.... Or maybe its fine;)

OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha yeah. That’s what my brother said Hahahaha. He loves it he goes crazy for it. He usually stays in his arch but he jumps at it, swims at it, and walks on it to eat it. Hahaha. My cleaner is the same, he did a backflip today and was walking on the top of the water upside down. I don’t even know how he did that .

MJ in Boise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he actually eating them or are they just retracting them when he nips? My goby mistakes them for food when its feeding time. He never actually eats them, just nips and they retract and move on. I get a good laugh when he does it. Silly fish.

OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha yes. He doesn’t eat them, but he like nips at them and it looks like he swallows Th em, but then he goes away, I think it’s because they always walk into his house. So my one snail he does it to every single time he comes out because he hates that snail. And recently, he started eating the other ones too. He doesn’t just do it during feeding, he eats them every time they come out. Poor snails.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back