My GSP FRAGGED ITSELF WHAT DO I DO?

CoralsComeInMoreColors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on a weekend getaway and I come back and see part of a gsp coming from the bottom of the rock that I had originally put my GSP on, only to discover it had completely broken off from the original GSP. I moved the original off the rock into the sand as per a recommendation of another reefer saying it will take over my rock. The frag is alive and healthy as it was blooming before I took it out. Do I just glue this to a small rock and stick it back in the tank? Attatched is the GSP frag and the tank

D30ADE41-00FA-4822-94EB-29184E28F74E.jpeg 63B71F1C-BF96-402C-827D-0E2D4F2787BF.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kill it with fire.

Seriously though, just rubber band it to a piece of rubble. Assuming it's happy in your tank, it'll attach itself in time.
This. Large flame while dancing.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If glue won’t work then put it in a low flow zone with some rubble or a frag plug and it will attach in short time.

OP
OP
CoralsComeInMoreColors

CoralsComeInMoreColors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If glue won’t work then put it in a low flow zone with some rubble or a frag plug and it will attach in short time.
Ok I was going to glue it to a small live rock but I found it had a flower like thing on it, any ideas what this is? I know camera quality is really bad but I have another growing on one of my clove frags and it seems too small and doesn’t have a stalk to be a clove
image.jpg
image.jpg

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those "flowers" are actually called "polyps."

I can't tell what that is from the photo you posted.

OP
OP
CoralsComeInMoreColors

CoralsComeInMoreColors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s fair, I can’t really take a good picture since they are extremely small. I have been finding them randomely and they don’t seem harmful so far, they could be hitchhiker clove polyps, is there any type of polyp that can be considered harmful to the tank?

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s fair, I can’t really take a good picture since they are extremely small. I have been finding them randomely and they don’t seem harmful so far, they could be hitchhiker clove polyps, is there any type of polyp that can be considered harmful to the tank?

Harmful? No. So prolific they rise to "nuisance" level if not kept in-check? Absolutely.

Green Star Polyps and Clove polyps are 2 of the types that can become a nuisance.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harmful? No. So prolific they rise to "nuisance" level if not kept in-check? Absolutely.

Green Star Polyps and Clove polyps are 2 of the types that can become a nuisance.
I think he's talking about the feather duster. Palys are the real devil. Lol.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palys are the real devil. Lol.

Yep, another "best suited for rubble in the sand" coral.

I've got a handful on my main rock structure. I've been meaning to remove them before they start growing off the plug and onto the rock.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back