My GSP is losing it's colour

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi

I have a lot of pieces of gsp in my tank but some are beginning to show signs of going pale..any thought's please. I have them dotted all over the tank..top/middle/on the sand and the ones looking sad are in various positions. It's not the flow..it's not any fish/invertibrates picking at them or the lighting.
I have a 4' 240lt tank with a lot of coral and fish ( all doing well except the pieces of gsp ). Levels are fine with nitrate constant at 2-5 and phosphate slightly high at 0.1.

Is there some form of food I can use to bring it back or might it be a goner ?? It's been like this for a few weeks now.

Thanks

goodefx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your nitrates and phosphates, they should be just barely detectable and not zero. I had the same problem and starting dosing stump remover, hope that helps!

OP
OP
mucky1957

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nitrates are between 2 - 5..always have been
phosphate is at about 0.1...a little high but again it is always the same
I have tried to pull th gsp off the rocks but it seems to shread. I am trying something called VITAMARIN-C...its a vitamin suppliment and it 'seems' to be working..only using a small amount each week..but we shall see.

thanks for the replies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started mixing my own salt about a year ago (red sea pro) and stopped using Kent marine a+b nano in combo with pre mixed LFS saltwater. All the corals started fading then my GSP closed up. Randomly I found the Kent marine stuff in the back of my closet and decided to give it a go. The next day the GSP were open and over a week they regained their color. I have no idea if it’s pH or trace elements. I was dosing BRS 2 part with Mg the entire time. Nitrates. 0.5 phos 0. Hope that anecdote helps

marcosnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nitrates are between 2 - 5..always have been
phosphate is at about 0.1...a little high but again it is always the same
I have tried to pull th gsp off the rocks but it seems to shread. I am trying something called VITAMARIN-C...its a vitamin suppliment and it 'seems' to be working..only using a small amount each week..but we shall see.

thanks for the replies.

Hey Mucky, did you ever managed to return color to your GSP?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back