OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It have been 6-7 weeks since I got my Radiant wrasse. She is doing very well in my tank. Eating well, active and is changing. I am not sure if she become male or just more mature. Certainly the markings are more prominent and more color, much darker. This maybe due to her been healthier. Facial marking are brighter and fins color are coming in.
12/24/2020
RadiantWrasse2020122503.jpg

01/23/2021
RadiantWrasse2021012301.jpg
RadiantWrasse2021012302.jpg
RadiantWrasse2021012303.jpg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to Houston yesterday. I just have to visit Galactic Coral while I was there. I was not disappointed. There were a lot of nice animals and fish. In particular, there were quite a few wrasses. The ones that caught my eyes were a harem of Blue Star Leopards and several Radiant wrasse.
Since I have harems of two species of Leopards in my tank already. Black and Meleagris, I did not get the trio of Blue Star, but I did get two female Radiant wrasse, and put them directly in the sand last night. It tool me a few hours to acclimated them. I drip them in a 5 gal container with a bow of sand in it. I have to put them on the sand and bother them a bit, for several hours before I got them to dig into the sand. Once they were under the sand I moved the whole sand container into my DT. My tank is full of dangerous death traps in the form of multiple carpet anemones. If I released them at 2 AM into it, I doubt very much that they would survive the night. My plan B which I am glad I did not have to use, is to put them in a floating container in the sump until the morning. My Acclimation box is not function right now so I cannot use it last night. I need to fix this so I will not be caught in this situation again.

Below are pictures of the Blue Star Leopards at Galactic Coral, and the smaller of the the two Radiant Wrasse. The larger female still hiding in the sand.

Blue Start Leopard harem, still at Galactic Coral as of 3/14/2021. I am sure they will not be there for long. Healthy and eating well.
LeopardBlueStar2021031301.jpg
LeopardBlueStar2021031303.jpg

My smallest of the Radiant Wrasse. This female is out and about this AM. She ate bothe frozen and dry food this AM. I think (hope) she will be just fine.
RadiantWrasse2021031401Female.jpg
RadiantWrasse2021031402Female.jpg

DogueDeBordeaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello OrioN how are the Radiant Wrasse doing? My favorite wrasse. When you see one in person you will know why as pics do it no justice.
Which species has done better for you? Black, Meleagris, or Blue Star?

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The are doing great. Picture of my pair and the male earlier this year. Taken pictures of single wrasse is easy, but trying to show pair(difficult) or when the are spawning is so difficult, almost impossible. I did not get the Blue Star Leopards. I had harems of Black and Meleagris in my tank so I did not push my luck and get another harem establish.
They are one of the fish that picture does nto really do them justice. Very unique coloration.
RadiantWrasse2021031901.jpg
RadiantWrasse2022013001.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back