1   0   0

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You too? You dog!

I've got the KHG. I'm looking forward to APEX releasing Jim Welsh's design so I can just plug it into my APEX, so I am still jealous too. (I just don't have to test my alkalinity and be jealous :D)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got the KHG. I'm looking forward to APEX releasing Jim Welsh's design so I can just plug it into my APEX, so I am still jealous too. (I just don't have to test my alkalinity and be jealous :D)

Oh DUH! You've got that awesome thread! Ok sorry for the hijack back to this awesome reef!

OP
OP
Thales

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You like? Do you feel it is accurate and precise? Can you remind me of how it tests/does the calculation?
Sorry to the OP for the hijack! LOL

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You like? Do you feel it is accurate and precise? Can you remind me of how it tests/does the calculation?
Sorry to the OP for the hijack! LOL

It has it's own issues. It has worked very well for me. It uses an acid titration with a pH probe to determine the KH. There are some shortcomings that they are in the process of correcting from my understanding.

I think it's accurate enough, it seems to do a wonderful job of keeping me informed of my alkalinity. It's also kept me out of trouble and dosed to make up for increases in uptake, giving me time to make adjustments to my dosing regime. So far it has been very reliable for me as well, and my corals are appreciating the fact that I'm able to fine tune my dosing and keep things much more constant. It has taught me a lot about trends in alkalinity uptake that I would not have realized only testing once a day.

I'm excited to see what everyone else brings to the table for alkalinity controllers, it's a wonderful thing that's happening!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back