My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have solved Christopher issue with not accurate Reading. It is always a matter of calibration. Now his unit after correctly mix of reagent, is good accuracy. Only 0.3 from manual hobbytest kit and these kits, specially Hanna, has inaccuracy of at least 0.3. So my judgement is that his machine now measure correct and accurate and main cause of inaccuracy was the reagent which be now have corrected.

Fw is up to date in all batch 2 units.

Concerning his apex problem that is on apex side as far as we can understand as we have several examples of perfect match between Alkatronic and apex also the new apex.

Jonas

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he means it was dosing less reagent than it thought it was, thus when it mixed and measured the ph, it was off?
Well that’s what I’m unsure of as even with the longer reagent tubing it was still calibrated so I’m not sure, either way it works now.

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i thought you said there were bubbles in the line. could that potentially cause inconsistent amounts of reagent to be dispensed?
Yes exactly, that is possibly what was going on, I also used a new graduated cylinder so maybe that helped as well.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not done any usb updates, I figured V2 would come up to date and I thought I remembered when setting up that it updates via wifi? I’ll have to look into this. Thanks!

Version 2 does come with the latest FW update

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s reading .4 higher on the apex still. It was way worse. This is just me being nitpickey I guess. I’ve rebooted the alkatronic but not the apex.

The Apex readings aren't going to match exactly with the Alkatronic readings. This has definitely be well documented as such. I have mine sending to the Apex just because, but am not using those readings for anything but informational. With the slight difference between the Alkatronic and the Apex readings, if you are wanting to use those number to do something in the Apex, I wouldn't think that the minor difference is going to make or break what it would be that you are wanting to accomplish.

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex readings aren't going to match exactly with the Alkatronic readings. This has definitely be well documented as such. I have mine sending to the Apex just because, but am not using those readings for anything but informational. With the slight difference between the Alkatronic and the Apex readings, if you are wanting to use those number to do something in the Apex, I wouldn't think that the minor difference is going to make or break what it would be that you are wanting to accomplish.
No it’s not going to make or break anything but this sure would be nice.

CCE94886-C5B3-4DCC-AC1E-FF360F07F52F.png

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you guys do with the waste water, did i read somewhere that you can put it back into the tank?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you guys do with the waste water, did i read somewhere that you can put it back into the tank?

You can put it back into the tank. I have been putting mine in there since it was confirmed by JonasRoman that it was safe to do so. It also has been added to the latest manual revision.

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is the same model as the latest one that I purchased, just wanted to get a shorter one since I moved my unit closer to my Apex. Also how is everything thing now for you?
Things are much better other than the apex being a bit off. Instead of testing every two hours now at three. As long as I’m not getting a bunch of black dots I’ll go to four soon too.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are much better other than the apex being a bit off. Instead of testing every two hours now at three. As long as I’m not getting a bunch of black dots I’ll go to four soon too.

Something that I have noticed about the unit is that people stumble out of the gate and think the unit isn't everything that it is intended to be, but quickly realize that the unit is bad a**. My biggest complaint with it was the noise level and now that is resolved, I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone reading this thread or any of my reef buddies. I know someone with the KH Guardian and I tell you this once he saw my Alkatronic and all of the issues that he is having with his KH Guardian, he is switching to the Alkatronic. I am soo glad that I didn't go that route during my research.

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something that I have noticed about the unit is that people stumble out of the gate and think the unit isn't everything that it is intended to be, but quickly realize that the unit is bad a**. My biggest complaint with it was the noise level and now that is resolved, I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone reading this thread or any of my reef buddies. I know someone with the KH Guardian and I tell you this once he saw my Alkatronic and all of the issues that he is having with his KH Guardian, he is switching to the Alkatronic. I am soo glad that I didn't go that route during my research.
funny i know a guy with the kh guardian, and same story.

Back