My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give it a chance. What will happen is you will get it set up the way you want it and then you barely have to touch it unless you're calibrating or refilling reagent containers. It's quite reliable once you get it configured.
I agree Markstubb. It definitely is set it and forget it if your unit does not have any issues like ours is.

My hope is its a simple fix and I can get it online shortly. If not, I understand. But just give me 100% of my money back.

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Markstubb. It definitely is set it and forget it if your unit does not have any issues like ours is.

My hope is its a simple fix and I can get it online shortly. If not, I understand. But just give me 100% of my money back.
Sucks your having problems, make sure you’re using a 2.4ghz wireless router. For some reason, some electronics have problems with specific routers. For instance, my Tesla car would not connect to my Netgear WiFi router, it would connect and disconnect, turns out that other people were having the same problem with different routers. Turns out that another device on my network was putting out a signal that was kicking off my Tesla. I switched to google WiFi whichwas better able to route signals and now the car connects fine. You don’t know how many times I took it in to service to try to fix the issue and it never worked.

If I were you, I would try to connect to a wireless hotspot and see if that fixes the issue or not.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks your having problems, make sure you’re using a 2.4ghz wireless router. For some reason, some electronics have problems with specific routers. For instance, my Tesla car would not connect to my Netgear WiFi router, it would connect and disconnect, turns out that other people were having the same problem with different routers. Turns out that another device on my network was putting out a signal that was kicking off my Tesla. I switched to google WiFi whichwas better able to route signals and now the car connects fine. You don’t know how many times I took it in to service to try to fix the issue and it never worked.

If I were you, I would try to connect to a wireless hotspot and see if that fixes the issue or not.
Thx for the suggestion but im not gonna go through the 20 steps I went through with Eric at Alkatronic again. Its exhausting constantly trying to prove its not something I did.

But more importantly , just got an email from Carlos at Coralvue. He said it was a damaged internal sd card that has been replaced and its back to testing.

So i am happy to hear there was something internally wrong and im not going crazy.

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still trying to connect to cloud no luck for me. Also what do u guys do with the waste water. Discard down drain ? I was reading coral view it said do not dump out in the environment that doesn’t sound good lol

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for the suggestion but im not gonna go through the 20 steps I went through with Eric at Alkatronic again. Its exhausting constantly trying to prove its not something I did.

But more importantly , just got an email from Carlos at Coralvue. He said it was a damaged internal sd card that has been replaced and its back to testing.

So i am happy to hear there was something internally wrong and im not going crazy.
You had to send it’s back ?

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So u were having issues seeing the results on the cloud? Or connecting to WiFi router?
I was able to connect and initiate testing manually whenever desired. So it was not a Wi-Fi connection issue. And had to do purely with saving changes to settings / calibrations / volume for my units via the cloud. I use Android so I was advised to not use the app but the focus on the cloud. Which is what I did and was able to install an initiate testing for my alkalinity.

The problem was when I want to change any setting including Baseline calibration Kama it never saved to the cloud every time I made changes. So that meant my unit was testing every 2 hours every day because I could not change the range or the maximum minimum vslues

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect and initiate testing manually whenever desired. So it was not a Wi-Fi connection issue. And had to do purely with saving changes to settings / calibrations / volume for my units via the cloud. I use Android so I was advised to not use the app but the focus on the cloud. Which is what I did and was able to install an initiate testing for my alkalinity.

The problem was when I want to change any setting including Baseline calibration Kama it never saved to the cloud every time I made changes. So that meant my unit was testing every 2 hours every day because I could not change the range or the maximum minimum vslues
Hope it works out

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still can’t connect to cloud. Any way to know if the Alkatronic is connected to WiFi through the app?

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% through the app, but when you first open it, it should say cloud. You can always check your router for a device named Raspberry Pi.
I’m sorry I’m not computer savvy. I see raspberrypi. On the computer settings?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I’m not computer savvy. I see raspberrypi. On the computer settings?

What you would have to do is connect to the router that every device is connected to in your house and look at the DHCP address leases. If you find out what kind of router you have, you can find instruction on how to get to where you can see them.

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also when u mixed reAgent. Is it 250 ml plus 1000 ml RO 1250 total? I keeps seeing different mixing.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I don’t see device connected

Since you don't see it, I would say to follow the troubleshooting steps for getting wifi connected properly in the user manual on the website. I'd try:

Restarting the unit
Connecting through app
Erase the wifi info then save
Restart the unit again
Connect through BT
Enter wifi settings again and save

Then check to see if you see it in your router. If not, you can always try to use your cell phone as a wifi AP and see if that works to get it online. I am noticing a lot of the getting it connected to wifi issue when initially setting it up. Something definitely has to be done about that. I think it is one of the last major pains to get resolved to make it easier to get connected to the net.

Also when u mixed reAgent. Is it 250 ml plus 1000 ml RO 1250 total? I keeps seeing different mixing.

Yes that is correct. Essentially take the weight of the reagent and multiply x 5.

upload_2018-12-1_12-22-3.png

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you don't see it, I would say to follow the troubleshooting steps for getting wifi connected properly in the user manual on the website. I'd try:

Restarting the unit
Connecting through app
Erase the wifi info then save
Restart the unit again
Connect through BT
Enter wifi settings again and save

Then check to see if you see it in your router. If not, you can always try to use your cell phone as a wifi AP and see if that works to get it online. I am noticing a lot of the getting it connected to wifi issue when initially setting it up. Something definitely has to be done about that. I think it is one of the last major pains to get resolved to make it easier to get connected to the net.

Yes that is correct. Essentially take the weight of the reagent and multiply x 5.

upload_2018-12-1_12-22-3.png
I tried didn’t work done for the day. I’ll go at it tomorrow. Thank u

Kalibur2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it’s my router. I never have bad issues with anything connecting.

Back