My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great review thread..
I'm happy to hear the noise issues are fixed and its almost silent now (makes me happy) I have been eyeing this product for a while now and love where its going.. paird with the future dosetornic it will be the ultimate tester/doser! :D

What all data does it send to apex?
Jonas here:

Feel free to check my own thread at reef2reef and listen to the new very nice low-sound-profile and also a picture of the upgrade kit for batch 1 owners.

If you order today you will get form batch 2 and that is silent from start and need no further upgrades of course:)

Yes it is sending all dKH data to apex through an BNC cable , but of course Alkatronic stores the history itself also where you in our cloud interface can reach all dKH data since start.

Regards
Jonas

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jonas here:

Feel free to check my own thread at reef2reef and listen to the new very nice low-sound-profile and also a picture of the upgrade kit for batch 1 owners.

If you order today you will get form batch 2 and that is silent from start and need no further upgrades of course:)

Yes it is sending all dKH data to apex through an BNC cable , but of course Alkatronic stores the history itself also where you in our cloud interface can reach all dKH data since start.

Regards
Jonas

@JonasRoman, stop trolling my thread :)

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I was wonder what took them so long to do it but everyone have they reasons.

They did say it was closed for a reason but did not go into details

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I was wonder what took them so long to do it but everyone have they reasons.

They did say it was closed for a reason but did not go into details
who said it was closed? Not trying to hijack this thread, just wondering b/c it had a ton of info in it.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure I know what those reasons are.

1. They didn't have a vendor account and/or at least support R2R.
2. The competition complained because there are getting their you know what handed to them.
3. The company has dissolved.

Left only to guess at this point. I would imagine it is definitely not #3.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for those of us that have the unit, I wouldn't consider it thread hijacking if we used this one for our communication about our units and help each other out until all that gets resolved. You also have Facebook messenger that you can use to communicate with them if necessary.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well found out why it was closed. It was because the Alkatronic is now a commercial product and in order for them to continue to post here, they need to pay to play. Would have been cool to just close the thread instead of completely removing it though.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well found out why it was closed. It was because the Alkatronic is now a commercial product and in order for them to continue to post here, they need to pay to play. Would have been cool to just close the thread instead of completely removing it though.

TBH, I think that's fair enough.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely agree. Thread could have been locked though since it did start out as a personal DIY project and all. Just saying.

Yeah, but then it's still free advertising for a commercial product which doesn't support the forum. Kind of infringes on the value to paying sponsors who support the forum too, so I can understand why. As fascinating as the thread was.

There was a very similar thread on UltimateReef with the X-Filter - it started as an inventor getting ideas and feedback, developing a prototype and testing it. He agreed with the forum that when it turned into a commercial project, he would become a forum sponsor.

It's launched and everyone's happy.

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Totalt understandable decision from reef2reef as my personal thread now is not personal anymore but commercial. So I completely understand that, and sure everyone will find us at our ordinary support channel.

Tanks for nice time here, and I will be still here as a private reefers.

Regards
Jonas

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Totalt understandable decision from reef2reef as my personal thread now is not personal anymore but commercial. So I completely understand that, and sure everyone will find us at our ordinary support channel.

Tanks for nice time here, and I will be still here as a private reefers.

Regards
Jonas

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totalt understandable as my thread now not any longer is private. I accept and understand that to 100%.
I am sure you will find us at our own support channels, and as always we answer 24/7.
I will be still here as a private reefer of course.

regards
Jonas

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't even send @JonasRoman a PM. Crazy.

Anyone else ever have an issue with the pH output not working? I had a power outage earlier today right in the middle of the Alkatronic running a test. After power came back, it output 7.0 to ph so I tried to run a manual test to reset it. The test wouldn’t run saying ‘please again cal’. So I calibrated both A and C and D, and it still wouldn’t run the test, same error message. So I power cycled it and ran calibration again. This time I also ran a bnc calibration and the apex saw both 7 and 10, so the communication works. I have ran 4 manual tests and it still shows 7 at the apex. Multiple reboots. Also after bnc calibration it was stuck at 10 until I rebooted it. I even tried a manual test and it stayed at 10 until I rebooted it. Then it went back to 7

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back