My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't even send @JonasRoman a PM. Crazy.

Anyone else ever have an issue with the pH output not working? I had a power outage earlier today right in the middle of the Alkatronic running a test. After power came back, it output 7.0 to ph so I tried to run a manual test to reset it. The test wouldn’t run saying ‘please again cal’. So I calibrated both A and C and D, and it still wouldn’t run the test, same error message. So I power cycled it and ran calibration again. This time I also ran a bnc calibration and the apex saw both 7 and 10, so the communication works. I have ran 4 manual tests and it still shows 7 at the apex. Multiple reboots. Also after bnc calibration it was stuck at 10 until I rebooted it. I even tried a manual test and it stayed at 10 until I rebooted it. Then it went back to 7
No bug. Read Manual. Unit needs one fresh value. Then it Will send correct to bnc.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I hope that this thread doesn't get closed. I am not affiliated with Focustronic/Alkatronic so I would imagine that it wouldn't happen, but who knows. I would say let's try our best to keep @JonasRoman from having to respond to any request and help each other out as much as possible and if there is a technical issue that needs to be addressed, please send it over to the Facebook support at https://www.facebook.com/alkatronic/.

That way we can continue to have our own little universe to spread the love we have for our Alkatronics. :D

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ran many, no change in output. Still reads 7. Looked at the manual too but I’m doing what it says - run one manual test and it should start working. I’ve ran 4

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I hope that this thread doesn't get closed. I am not affiliated with Focustronic/Alkatronic so I would imagine that it wouldn't happen, but who knows. I would say let's try our best to keep @JonasRoman from having to respond to any request and help each other out as much as possible and if there is a technical issue that needs to be addressed, please send it over to the Facebook support at https://www.facebook.com/alkatronic/.

That way we can continue to have our own little universe to spread the love we have for our Alkatronics. :D
Yeah I know, which is why I was asking if anyone else had the same issue. Jonas doesn’t have to respond :)

I still love this thing

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know, which is why I was asking if anyone else had the same issue. Jonas doesn’t have to respond :)

I still love this thing

Yeah it is

Bad-to-the-Bone.jpg

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I still love this thing

Mine is still communicating to the Apex. Maybe let it do it's usual test interval and see what happens from there. Did you do the firmware update by any chance?

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support let me know it’s a bug because my alk is between 8.56-8.64 after a reboot. Once it falls out of that range it’ll be fine. They already have a fix, just not released yet

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From HongKong to US? When will coralvue have it?
As it is shipped I would guess early next week.

Thanks for all patience from all customer and Happy to tell it is on its way.

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does the unit come with reagent or is that needed as well?

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does come with some reagent and cannot tell you how long it will last for you, but I do recommend that you buy the 4L and not have to worry about it for a LONG time.
Thanks, $110 for a gallon of acid seems a bit high, but i understand.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I do not know what is all in it and at what levels, but that totally your decision right. I do think that the reagent that is shipped with the Alkatronic is concentrated as well. At least mine was concentrated. The bottle was label well so I didn't know starting out with it then found out that it in fact was. When I say a long time, if you say test only 2 times a day, it'll easily last you up to 12 months (please keep in mind that is my estimation based on how much I have already used).

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It lasts 15 months with a measure freq every 4 hours. So the running cost with that reagent price is only 7 USD/month.

Regards
Jonas Roman

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does the unit come with reagent or is that needed as well?
Some distributors add a bottle of reagent so user can start, but you have to check that with distributor/shop. But you have to buy anyway for more long term, the concentrated 4 l bottle. That reagent you dilute according to our instructions in the user manual, and will last around 15 months with a measure frequency every 4 hours.

regards
Jonas

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back