My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it'll show in the classic interface.
Thank you!!

Got another question...

I know that there will be a small variance from the Alkatronic's reading to Apex.

The Alka-T is about 5' away from the Apex.

So would you mount the PM1 module close to the Alka-T with a shorter BNC and a longer AquaBus cable, or does is matter to to get the most accurate reading in Apex Fusion?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!

Got another question...

I know that there will be a small variance from the Alkatronic's reading to Apex.

The Alka-T is about 5' away from the Apex.

So would you mount the PM1 module close to the Alka-T with a shorter BNC and a longer AquaBus cable, or does is matter to to get the most accurate reading in Apex Fusion?

I know that a lot of people suggest getting a thinner cable than a thicker one. The thick one that I was use wasn't all that great. Besides I am going to use the pH port for something else pretty soon. 5' shouldn't be a problem. Heck pH probes have longer cable, lol

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that a lot of people suggest getting a thinner cable than a thicker one. The thick one that I was use wasn't all that great. Besides I am going to use the pH port for something else pretty soon. 5' shouldn't be a problem. Heck pH probes have longer cable, lol

Do you have a "link" to the BNC cable, that you recommend?

mrhaboobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Could someone please do me a favour and take a photo of a US power supply, im interested in the specs to see if its a multi voltage supply. Thanks The adaptor/pack should have some specs on it.

Cheers

Panoramiks200

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all., I have some issues to calibrate my pump C ,maybe any of you will know something about it , Pump C is adding 8.5ml.to test vial so I've put that number into my app in pump C , alcatronic confirmed that on screen , but just after when I'm using pump accuracy he is adding 12ml.of liquid, but on screen I can see 10ml ? Any tips how to sort it ?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't read through this entire thread, tried to skim it for information on my concerns with the alkatronic.

First off, I'm extremely pleased with how easy the setup was. I saw a video comparing this unit to the trident, and I've come to the conclusion that the video was extremely biased towards the trident. Hmm!

Anyway, I tried as best as I could to get the unit 3 feet from the tank. However with all my efforts I have fallen short and have 4 feet of tubing that extends from the "Water In" port. Although it says maximum needs to be 3 feet.

After running a few tests, I quickly understood why the need for 3 feet. The unit needs to flush the water in the beaker and line by reversing pump A until it's completely empty, it's done by calculating the volume of the ID of 3 feet of hose and fluid in the beaker and determining how many steps the motor has to take to complete the task. If the water isn't completely flushed the pH reading would constantly go down from the dilution of acid from the reagent.

However from the standpoint that 3feet wasn't an option, it would be extremely, I mean extremely easy to add an option into the raspberry pi program to compensate for extra hose.

At the moment I'm trying to figure out if I can trick the unit by subtracting 4ml (calculating volume of 3.2mm ID and 12 inches of extra hose which rounded is roughly 3.6ml but I'm not sure if I can input other than whole numbers) from the calibration of that pump to compensate for the extra 12 inches, but I haven't given it much thought as to what else that will mess up.

Another thing I've been playing with is raising the hard tube attached to pump A up high enough that it wouldn't pull out all the water from the beaker thise completely flushing line A. Pump B does a good job of removing the remainder left behind in the beaker.

Again that's not a good fix either because when pump A re-primes itself it doesn't fill the tube completely, thus forcing me to compensate the accuracy.

None of these are correct fixes. And I can't see a downside to allowing the user to have the option to select tube A length. It just requires a few lines of code.

I'm hoping someone would chime in with an easy solution to all my over thinking. I can't be the first to come across this problem... so... any advise and help would be appreciated.

Jimmy

Andres Ricardo perez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I am new at this
I have some questions, is my configuration ok with a calcium reactor?
1. Is it normal for pump D to activate when the reading is low?
if the dosetronic off
2. the wash out mode I cannot deactivate it I have tried for wifi and for bluetooth but it still shows me black points
I am currently using a cole parmer with the reactor and the night fluctuations are more than 0.20
Thank you

b0cea1bd-6aa1-4c95-8193-c2c64e633c66.jpg 5d12dcd9-c433-4750-9cb0-a3dee41a9822.jpg 45d48879-08bd-479a-b079-068b4774184c.jpg e361ab03-8e0f-48f8-b6b6-0141f2d1c0f4.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I am new at this
I have some questions, is my configuration ok with a calcium reactor?
1. Is it normal for pump D to activate when the reading is low?
if the dosetronic off
2. the wash out mode I cannot deactivate it I have tried for wifi and for bluetooth but it still shows me black points
I am currently using a cole parmer with the reactor and the night fluctuations are more than 0.20
Thank you

b0cea1bd-6aa1-4c95-8193-c2c64e633c66.jpg 5d12dcd9-c433-4750-9cb0-a3dee41a9822.jpg 45d48879-08bd-479a-b079-068b4774184c.jpg e361ab03-8e0f-48f8-b6b6-0141f2d1c0f4.jpg

I keep my cal reactor tuned a tad high. So, the Alkatronic kills my solenoid with the blue tooth socket if the dkh is above 9.0

My pump D has kicked in when the alk was low, but I have no alk to that pump.

Sometimes if you reboot and change your settings, then they will hold.

You need to find the Focustronic users facebook, then ask to join as a member. Once your in, Jonas an mod and many other members are in there for help.

There's a new firmware update too.

lol
I like washout mode.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I'm extremely pleased with how easy the setup was. I saw a video comparing this unit to the trident, and I've come to the conclusion that the video was extremely biased towards the trident. Hmm!
Jimmy,
That video was just a down an out right ad. for Trident, or Mark had no clue what he was reviewing????

I've kept mine within 3 feet.

Hope you have found away to trick it out.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's their Facebook forum, and ask to be a member

Use my wife's facebook... :p

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimmy,

Hope you have found away to trick it out.
I did figure out a work around that produces more waste water. When I calibrated pump A I subtracted 3.6ml from the actual number so that it would clean out the line but then screw up the accuracy of what ends up in the beaker. Having fresh sample water is better than accurate results.

Seeing that the 3' tube length was an arbitrary number, I contacted focustronic and ask if they'd consider changing the code to give the user the ability to select length of tube.

That would help in a few ways, users that have less than 3' will benefit from less waste water and those with longer than 3' will be able to get more accurate results from their unit.

They were receptive of the idea and promised to pass it onto the engineer's. Hopefully they weren't blowing smoke and we see some results in the upcoming updates.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted focustronic and ask if they'd consider changing the code to give the user the ability to select length of tube.

That would help in a few ways, users that have less than 3' will benefit from less waste water and those with longer than 3' will be able to get more accurate results from their unit.

They were receptive of the idea and promised to pass it onto the engineer's. Hopefully they weren't blowing smoke and we see some results in the upcoming updates.

That would be an cool feature.

Andres Ricardo perez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my cal reactor tuned a tad high. So, the Alkatronic kills my solenoid with the blue tooth socket if the dkh is above 9.0

My pump D has kicked in when the alk was low, but I have no alk to that pump.

Sometimes if you reboot and change your settings, then they will hold.

You need to find the Focustronic users facebook, then ask to join as a member. Once your in, Jonas an mod and many other members are in there for help.

There's a new firmware update too.

lol
I like washout mode.
New firmware release?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New firmware release?

Looks like it.

Hard to tell because I've not logging in there since Jonas announced the Mastertronic about a month ago.

Go in there and look at Jonas' post on August the 9th and 11th.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a FaceBook account, but thankfully Focustronic's posts are all public. I check it occasionally for news, the update was a nice surprise today :)
That's what they told me to do as well. In fact Eric Tang said that he would send me an email when the update dropped... maybe I have something in my spam folder.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back