My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The update definitely makes the pumps quieter. Now if they would just allow us to set the testing interval times, that would be a game changer!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step 2 is completed through the website, it will be the last option on the Settings page. I switched to an iPhone a few months ago and don't remember exactly what options the Lite app has.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step 2 is completed through the website, it will be the last option on the Settings page. I switched to an iPhone a few months ago and don't remember exactly what options the Lite app has.
I had no clue that I could access my alkatronic via webpage. But it looks like that did it... I just started the 10 minute count down and look forward to hearing the quieter pumps.... thanks again @Silver14SS

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size bottle do you guys use for the reagent? The instructions don't say how much it uses per test so I have no idea how large the bottle should be.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use a gallon jug.

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap that's a lot of reagent! I used a 16oz soda bottle to start with but that will only last like 10 days according to the chart! Crap. I didn't want to take up as much room as a 1 gallon jug for both the reagent and the waste water.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the waste back in the sump, one less thing to deal with.

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you tell if it's connected to wifi? Is the only way to look in your router's list of connected clients?

I've been trying for about 3 hours now to connect this thing. I've been through all their FAQ and troubleshooting several times. My Amplifi router clearly does both 2.4 and 5 ghz so I don't understand what's wrong.

Why can't they simply have a dropdown list of visible networks to connect to, like every other device in the world today?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can access it through https://alkatronic.focustronic.com/ or with the Access Remotely option in the app, then it's connected to wifi.

You using an Android or Apple product to set it up? The Android setup is frustrating, iOS very easy :)

Their support is very responsive if you need to contact them.

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy, after just about giving up a notification came up on my phone that Alkatronic was now connected to Wifi.

If anyone else has an Amplifi router, you need to go into the settings and create a second 2.4Ghz only ssid. Apparently the Alkatronic isn't smart enough to ask for the speed it needs like all my other devices were able to do.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size bottle do you guys use for the reagent? The instructions don't say how much it uses per test so I have no idea how large the bottle should be.
It uses roughly 10 ml of reagent per test. And keep in mind that the reagent that you purchase for the alkatronic is concentrated and will need to dilute it 4:1.

As far as the app goes there are a lot of things that they need polishing to make it a smooth running app... I agree that it is a bit wonky and needs some work. I fear that it's not a priority for them though.

Beonedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys , looking for pump A , B and C inner tubing alternative (can not find a store where to order it) I do believe its Kamoer pumps , so if I can find its dimensions I will order it from Kamoer /ebay/aliexpress . If anyone know tube diameter (id/od) please share it ;) thanks

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys , looking for pump A , B and C inner tubing alternative (can not find a store where to order it) I do believe its Kamoer pumps , so if I can find its dimensions I will order it from Kamoer /ebay/aliexpress . If anyone know tube diameter (id/od) please share it ;) thanks
No need to do all that leg work... you can purchase it from coralvue and get the exact sizes as well as the proper connectors

CoralVue | Alkatronic Dosing Head Inner Replacement Tube

Beonedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to do all that leg work... you can purchase it from coralvue and get the exact sizes as well as the proper connectors

CoralVue | Alkatronic Dosing Head Inner Replacement Tube
Im in Europe where prices are different - > 4 tubes + shipping = 70$ / PH probe =170$ ;)

epleeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can anyone tell me why when I change out my reagent, the levels are way off. Is there an easy way to get the unit back to normal after changing out the reagent or do I have to go through the whole calibration sequence again.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using reagent you have to dilute or the premixed? If it’s the concentrated that you dilute, chances are it’s not exactly the same as the batch you made before.

You can adjust the baseline calibration in settings if you know the actual alk. How far off is it?

epleeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It was running 8.22-8.36 throughout the last week but the reagent ran out. Then I put in a new bottle that I made by measuring the solution 4:1 and it registered at 11.5. Then I drained the cup and refilled it with the 50ml and tested again and it went down to 9.18. I know the 8.22 range is correct cause I validated it off my salifert test kit.

how do you adjust the baseline?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In settings there’s a switch for baseline calibration. Turn it on and it’ll prompt you for the actual alk.

maybe you got air in the lines switching it out? I use a gallon bottle and calibrate everything when I refill it.

epleeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice. Let me try to recalibrate everything and see if that fixes the reading.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back