My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the market for a all monitor. I live off my apex can you share some screenshots of the data imported from the Alkatronic into the apex fusion app and how it appears ? @mitch91175

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing really to share. If you've seen a pH graph on an apex, that's exactly what you'll see from the alkatronic, except the value of "pH" in the graph is actually the alkalinity.

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 5.07.44 PM.png

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the market for a all monitor. I live off my apex can you share some screenshots of the data imported from the Alkatronic into the apex fusion app and how it appears ? @mitch91175

As @markstubb mentioned, it will send the data like he demonstrated to the Apex, but I'll tell you this, you ABSOLUTELY do not have to even use the Apex (unless you are just that type of person that wants the data in the Apex). The unit runs 100% independent (which I like) of the Apex. I'll tell you this much, you won't be disappointed with the unit overall. They have a nice web interface where you can see all the measurements as well as through the Apex if that is your preference.

I equate the Alkatronic to an ATO, truly set-it-and-forget-it (only calibrating every 2 weeks which takes all of 5 minutes really - if even that).

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @markstubb mentioned, it will send the data like he demonstrated to the Apex, but I'll tell you this, you ABSOLUTELY do not have to even use the Apex (unless you are just that type of person that wants the data in the Apex). The unit runs 100% independent (which I like) of the Apex. I'll tell you this much, you won't be disappointed with the unit overall. They have a nice web interface where you can see all the measurements as well as through the Apex if that is your preference.

I equate the Alkatronic to an ATO, truly set-it-and-forget-it (only calibrating every 2 weeks which takes all of 5 minutes really - if even that).
thanks for good explanation, you don't need me anymore;-)...that is good:_) May I add some nice info?: The cloud interface you mention will be extended in near future so you will be able to do almost everything you now do in the app, so we will move towards to "cloudify" the app to further increase usability:_)

Concerning calibration we will increase the alert to every 3 weeks, as actually the pump keeps its calibration status almost perfect for at least 3-4 weeks, sometimes even longer:) That is good. We have many customer with nice reports that they do not have to calibrate that often we started to recommend. This is very good and due to high quality steppers and other components.

and I really wants to emphasize the significant improvement concerning smoothness, sound etc after the upgrade. So do not wait/hesitate, to update with the free kit we now have shipped to all batch 1 owner(through distributor) , and also install latest fw (3.1.8).

Jonas

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for good explanation, you don't need me anymore;-)...that is good:_) May I add some nice info?: The cloud interface you mention will be extended in near future so you will be able to do almost everything you now do in the app, so we will move towards to "cloudify" the app to further increase usability:_)

Concerning calibration we will increase the alert to every 3 weeks, as actually the pump keeps its calibration status almost perfect for at least 3-4 weeks, sometimes even longer:) That is good. We have many customer with nice reports that they do not have to calibrate that often we started to recommend. This is very good and due to high quality steppers and other components.

and I really wants to emphasize the significant improvement concerning smoothness, sound etc after the upgrade. So do not wait/hesitate, to update with the free kit we now have shipped to all batch 1 owner(through distributor) , and also install latest fw (3.1.8).

Jonas

Yeah that is what I noticed when calibrating, that it didn't need it really at the 2 week mark. I think it would be great to have a setting that is say default to 3 weeks or something, but maybe allow the end-user to set it to something different. Nothing necessary at all but just a thought. You guys know the system better than anyone so maybe not doing something like that works too.

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks. I already have an apex an like to have all my information in one spot.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I actually use my alk level to turn the CO2 on and off on the carx :)

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed in the instruction manual there’s a lot of talk about tube length not being to long. I have limited room and would probably need 2-3 ft of tubing just to get to my tank water. What does your setup look like ? If my conversion was correct it said the max the tube could be is 1.5 feet. Is there any give on this ? I would have to mount this unit outside my stand and run a tub about 3 ft into my stand and into my sump @mitch91175

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed in the instruction manual there’s a lot of talk about tube length not being to long. I have limited room and would probably need 2-3 ft of tubing just to get to my tank water. What does your setup look like ? If my conversion was correct it said the max the tube could be is 1.5 feet. Is there any give on this ? I would have to mount this unit outside my stand and run a tub about 3 ft into my stand and into my sump @mitch91175

I have mine mounted on top of my canopy with tubing longer than 1.5 feet. As long as the intake remains submerged, you will be fine. Mine is at least 2.5 feet and I never ran into any issues. 3ft should be fine as well. I'd say just try not to have a ton of turns that could potentially kink the water intake line. Again, never was an issue with mine or my testing.

JonasRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. The hose lenght is not that crucial. We have in the new manual extended these recommendations so your suggested length will work perfect:)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back