My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's strange. I know Wifi is the biggest outstanding concern for the unit, but once you get it connected, it's pretty reliable. Do not know what all you have tried, but using an iOS device is best. Also had issues, but once I got Google Wifi, all my wifi issues in general disappeared for all my devices.

I WISH. I've got an iphone, and I've rebooted and tried dozens of times. No joy.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that look like?

It'll be plugged into the board on the right side when you open the unit. There should be a blinking light on it. Maybe try unplugging it and plugging it back in. But it you can connect to BT then it should be working properly cause they are the same, but doesn't hurt to try and make sure all the pins are good.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that look like?

This is it

1582681360221.png

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Try this if you haven't already:

Make sure you have the latest firmware.
Activate the hotspot on your cell phone
Connect the unit to the hotspot on your phone
See if you can get it online that way

If you can then you know your issue is something with your router.

Andres Ricardo perez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am with the same problem every time I change ssid my modem and password alkatronic does not connect.
I save the new ssid and the password via bluetooth.
How can I connect without having to restart the alkatronic? every time I restart I have to calibrate the ph probe and pumps
1582971117445.png

thanks

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem is once I was able to connect to wifi, I was never able to connect via bluetooth again...

My experience with the engineers behind the software is that they're reluctant to make corrections.

In the past I've sent them a list of issues only to be dismissed with a canned response.

I think it comes down to the physical limitations of the hardware and software that makes up an alkatronic. Either that or they have their hands full with the expansion of the mastertronic.

Either way, there are problems with the alkatronic and they now about them... hopefully we will see some real fixes come down the pipeline.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am with the same problem every time I change ssid my modem and password alkatronic does not connect.
I save the new ssid and the password via bluetooth.
How can I connect without having to restart the alkatronic? every time I restart I have to calibrate the ph probe and pumps
1582971117445.png

thanks

have you contacted support on that ? i heard some thing similar might be due to the SD card in the unit. try to look for focustronic and ping them via FB

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem is once I was able to connect to wifi, I was never able to connect via bluetooth again...

Thanks for the heads up!!

To me bluetooth is just fine, I'll leave it that way,

96xjmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alkatronic was working flawlessly bluetooth then bam stoped workong havent beem able to connect for 2 weeks and will not even connect wifi either right now i have nothing more then a paper weight. I tried contacting them viva Facebook book and no response this is aggravating me to no end with this

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alkatronic was working flawlessly bluetooth then bam stoped workong havent beem able to connect for 2 weeks and will not even connect wifi either right now i have nothing more then a paper weight. I tried contacting them viva Facebook book and no response this is aggravating me to no end with this
have you been able to get this resolved? I am looking at geting this unit and now have concerns if you can't contact support

Richyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have you been able to get this resolved? I am looking at geting this unit and now have concerns if you can't contact support
I have run both the alkatronic and trident now on separate tanks. It would take me an hour to type out all the reasons why i would pick the trident if i were you. The alkatronic is 900 and so is the trident on aftermarket advertising. I ditched my alkatronic for another trident a few months back. You have to be aggressive to find trident reagents, but you can find it.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jonas has always replied back to me ASAP on their member users Facebook site.

But, I'm not taking that latest firmware upgrade.

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jonas has always replied back to me ASAP on their member users Facebook site.

But, I'm not taking that latest firmware upgrade.
is there a support number to call? I am not a fan of the whole email back and forth thing. this might be a deal breaker for me

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run both the alkatronic and trident now on separate tanks. It would take me an hour to type out all the reasons why i would pick the trident if i were you. The alkatronic is 900 and so is the trident on aftermarket advertising. I ditched my alkatronic for another trident a few months back. You have to be aggressive to find trident reagents, but you can find it.
I would be curious to know why trident. From what i understand reagent would be cheaper on the alkatronic and you don't need to send back the trident to get calibrated as you do with the trident.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a support number to call? I am not a fan of the whole email back and forth thing. this might be a deal breaker for me

no

You have to link up with them on their official facebook page and ask to become a group member.

I just use my wife's facebook account. Jonas trouble shot a bad power supply for me two weeks ago on there, and Coralvue sent me a new one after he did the trouble shoot.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back