My IM NUVO Peninsula 14 Gallon came with a Mighty Jet return pump. It makes a horrible noise, not rattling, just way too much vibration. Help?

Mr.Hawkfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My IM NUVO Peninsula 14 Gallon came with a Mighty Jet return pump. It makes a horrible noise, not rattling, just way too much vibration. Help?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it brand new? What have you tried? Did you remove it and clean it? Have you contacted the seller or manufacturer?

OP
OP
Mr.Hawkfish

Mr.Hawkfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it brand new? What have you tried? Did you remove it and clean it? Have you contacted the seller or manufacturer?
It’s brand new. I have tried pushing in the bushings this morning, flipping the orientation of the pump, attaching tubing to the inlet of the pump, checking the impeller for irregularities, all without any results. I have not contacted the seller or manufacturer YET as I want to fix it, not replace it at this moment. If you guys tell me that my pump is bust, then I might have to exchange it

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think given it's new, I'd at least get a conversation started with the seller or manufacturer.

FindingPonyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AIO innovative marine nuvo peninsula 14 gallon as well. the mighty jet should've been tucked in the sump originally in the correct position. if you started fighting with it when you got it, you shouldn't have. It is placed in the correct place to have no rattling. Also it is possible your water level is low, that happened to me. It is rimless so you might be scared but when the sump water is "pouring" into it that means it is too low. If you did not touch the MightyJet and your water level is perfect then I guess it was packaged badly and got bumped out of place in shipping. I'm new to reef2reef and I am starting up my tank for the first time in a while so inexperienced people like me need the most help so please follow me :) I hope everything works out

OP
OP
Mr.Hawkfish

Mr.Hawkfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AIO innovative marine nuvo peninsula 14 gallon as well. the mighty jet should've been tucked in the sump originally in the correct position. if you started fighting with it when you got it, you shouldn't have. It is placed in the correct place to have no rattling. Also it is possible your water level is low, that happened to me. It is rimless so you might be scared but when the sump water is "pouring" into it that means it is too low. If you did not touch the MightyJet and your water level is perfect then I guess it was packaged badly and got bumped out of place in shipping. I'm new to reef2reef and I am starting up my tank for the first time in a while so inexperienced people like me need the most help so please follow me :) I hope everything works out
Which way is your inlet of the pump facing? To the wall or to the underside of the 2nd chamber?

OP
OP
Mr.Hawkfish

Mr.Hawkfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water level is super high right now, that’s also not the issue

Back