My Ink Bird Seems About 2* High -Ok?

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After several hours breaking it in just to be sure it seems my new Ink Bird gauge reads about 2 degrees F higher than what my Sicce pump says and 2 other thermometers (although cheapos, 1 glass, 1 digital) Those 3 all agree almost to the 1/10th, so thinking just recalibrate the Ink Bird down to match, yeah?

Is that normal?

Thanks

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found about anything is off by up to a few degrees. I used 3 different thermometers and took the average and calibrate to that. I think it’s pretty normal. I have 2 InkBird that were 2 degrees off when I tested them in the same tank. But they’re consistent and accurate when calibrated. I keep multiple thermometers in each tank just to have a double check. Doesn’t cost much.

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switch your Inkbird to Celcius.

This is weird but with Inkbirds:
Variance on F mode = +/- 2*
Variance on C mode = +/- .2 (or something like that)

Point is, the Inkbird is much more accurate in C mode. You will get used to it after awhile. 25.0*C on the dot for me. Hardly ever rises, (never past 25.2*C) occasionally drops to 24.9*C (never below 49.8*C) throughout the day.

OP
OP
Megability

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25.0*C on the dot for me. Hardly ever rises, (never past 25.2*C) occasionally drops to 24.9*C (never below 49.8*C) throughout the day.
Interesting, so 25.0 = 77.0F which sounds about perfect, maybe I’ll try that, or at least experiment back and forth…

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah and like you said, double check w digital ones but IMO unless you have a good digital one or two (not a cheap $10 Petco point of sale), the Inkbird should be trusted over the cheapie digital ones. Those things read all over the place, normally within about 2 degrees, like you said.

Back