My JBJ 28g Nano Cube HQI...

nanodude87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so after my 2 yr break from the hobby I decided to jump back into things with a smaller tank. I picked up a JBJ 28g Nano Cube HQI with the nanotuners 18w actinic PC retro kit upgrade. I also am using the JBJ ATO w/ a sterilite 6 gallon tub which fits beautifully in the factory stand. I ran my RO line up to the tub and am using a coralife float valve so that the ATO can take care of itself. I plan to get a Tunze 9002 skimmer shortly. I have approx 50lbs of LR and 55lbs of LS in there at the moment.

My fish list is going to be a true perc clown, onyx perc
OR piccasso (decided on a onyx perc), helfrichi firefish, bluespot jawfish & probably a mystery wrasse (decided against a mystery wrasse and may just leave it at the fish list above 4 fish total or MAY add a basslet of some sort.)

As far as corals go it will be mainly LPS & Zoas, my two favorites. I plan to stock it with as many rare zoas/palys, chalices, scolys etc as I can fit! I also love ricordia and plan to get a nice clam as well.

I will continually update this thread as time progresses to document my tanks progression... Thanks!

Here is my embarrassing FTS as of today (1/16/10) I just added a couple cheapy frags from my buddies tank to see what happens.

jan1610.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's going to be fantastic especially with those nice fish!

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you going to use for a skimmer? i have the same tank , but it's second to my 90 gallon at the moment. they are nice tanks IMO. Looks good , like the rock work

OP
OP
nanodude87

nanodude87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to include the info on the skimmer. I'll go edit my original post. I plan to pick up a tunze 9002 nano skimmer. I've heard great things. They are nice little tanks. This is my first nano and I love the nice clean look of it. I'm not totally crazy about my aquascaping I sort of threw it together quickly but once I start adding more corals I'm sure I'll move things around a bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nanodude87

nanodude87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple updates! I picked up a Current Prime 1/15hp Chiller and Tunze 9002 skimmer w/ the inTank skinny collection cup. I've also added quite a few corals that my buddy was holding onto for me and yesterday a bluespot jawfish. I'll get a new FTS soon!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back