My Journey with a Red Sea Reefer XXL 625 (165G)

Best Zebrasoma to add next with scopas (it would be two, either of the same kind or two different)

• Total voters

TommyDelaney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In March the reefer was setup as an upgrade from my first tank a 45 gallon aio tank. For the skimmer I have a red sea RSK-600 and the return is a COR-20. My in-tank flow is one WAV that runs maverick all day fluctuating between 39 and 60% on the right side of the tank. As for my lighting, I have three AI Hydra 32HDs. Tank was up and running for two weeks when I first introduced a lawnmower blenny. About a week after that I added a porcupine puffer, who was a model citizen with lots of coral frags and a few other fish and even inverts surprisingly until I made the mistake of adding a tiger watchman goby, who was eaten in a matter of seconds from being introduced and the puffer was returned later that day, I don't know what I expected really with that. Now I am trying to keep my tank to peaceful introductions, since then adding a bluespine unicornfish, foxface, and scopas tang. The tank has been started to get filled with corals, a feat much harder than I thought. Right now there are 15 corals in the tank, most of which are frags and the tank looks empty haha. I would have never thought stocking would be the hardest part. Recently I installed an Apex controller, Trident, and three DOS in order to monitor my tank from anywhere and remove some of the maintenance of dosing. I have a auto feeder for when I'm out of town and for eventually when I get more fish and do more frequent feedings each day. Right now the feeding schedule is a half square of nori and pellets alternating days and 2 feeding of frozen mysis on the off days. I know its already built so its not really a build thread, but there is lots of stocking left to be done and just wanted to log progress here. Hopefully some of yall can enjoy and if you have any suggestions for anything part of the tank it would be much appreciated. I will upload pictures of my lighting schedule and tank in a later post for yall to check out. Thanks for reading I will continue to post as more things are added.

OP
OP
TommyDelaney

TommyDelaney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB96C471-2AAD-4D7A-8182-B13CEB02F50B.jpeg
CD3F72C0-3E36-412C-B085-77D13D4367F0.jpeg
0C338C0B-C7AA-400B-A685-C7399E3D6A98.jpeg
3097047E-4724-4B2F-95EB-8C83A1202D41.png
E501542F-0EDC-4CC6-8976-1F609A1B388B.png
4663C166-0C57-4F6D-BB20-BD370835C3F6.png

Jason04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. How do you like that Trident? Have you compared the results with manual results using a different test kits?

OP
OP
TommyDelaney

TommyDelaney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. How do you like that Trident? Have you compared the results with manual results using a different test kits?
its very nice that it graphs the results for me to see fluctuations. I have not compared yet. i set it up wrong and ran it and it didnt test for a week when i figured out it has to run a test at least once a day and had to contact neptune support, but we got it fixed yesterday so i will definety soon be doing that.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back