OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really go wrong with RC. High Alk is its only flaw, but only a flaw in certain circumstances. It generally just allows you to go further down the reefing road doing waterchanges before you need to start dosing. It can be an issue though if you need to do massive waterchanges on an SPS heavy tank with a lower dKH in a hurry, but that's about it.
I need to research "dosing". I constantly hear about it, but haven't looked into it yet.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dosing is just adding chemicals to the tank to replenish what we lost due to corals uptaking it. It is mainly calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium with trace elements being a bit less important. 2 part will be the easiest for dosing imo or even using Tropic marin all for reef (if it ever comes back in stock) which works well in smaller tanks

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you wont need to worry about dosing until you have corals uptaking stuff faster than your water changes are replenishing, especially with no sps or clamsin the tank

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to research "dosing". I constantly hear about it, but haven't looked into it yet.
If you are having to dose in the first two years or so you are a miracle worker, or should do more waterchanges. Focus only on phosphates and nitrates for the first 6 months. It's a marathon.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back