OP
T

tonysearsjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok...the overflow from the left chamber (Mantis layer) to the Fuge has a box around it...why? It seems like you could just skip that piece and let it straight overflow into the fuge, also helping to churn your macros. just a thought.

p.s. I have AUTOCAD student edition if you want...full box set, its from 1994, but I was born in '87 and im still fine, the program weighs a ton it 2 massive books.

Might have to check it out. Is it better than this I'm using? Also the spot I think your talking about is for a filter sponge block. Figured it would catch some of the larger pieces if there were any Just hafta clean it every other day or so to prevent nitrate build up.

M@!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oerstedii are awesome but do not get large. There have been a lot of Gonodactylaceus ternatensis around lately. Blue Zoo just sold a couple. You have to be fast though, they go quick. They are always in the collectors choice section.

OP
OP
T

tonysearsjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw. This project has been set on back burner for now. To be honest the wife's on me for too many tanks. I had to start giving them to my oldest son. Wink wink. Just so I could keep going.

OP
OP
T

tonysearsjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw never that. But here is the latest. On the way to Indy we stopped by a buddy's house he sold me acrylic 60 gal tube tank which I bought on impulse didn't know what I was gonna do with it then I picked up a mantis at premium it's red and white. Then we stopped at the reef and they had a peacock so I got it too so now I know why u got the tube tank. Here's the final plan it'll be done hopefully next week end

mantisofficialfb_zpsfe7cf587.png

OP
OP
T

tonysearsjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I blocked tubes with acrylic I drilled holes in to allow a bit of water transfer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356986880.159538.jpg

And for a final pic other than a truck load of macros
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356986955.494825.jpg

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is crazy looking! I say since its already a custom tank you do a really cool aragocrete sculpture for each tank as well. you coud plan out places for different macros and stuff. Plus one solid piece of rock would be more safe if they decided to tunnel.

also since its a macro tank you might want to get a light more in the plant spectrum for their benefit. but keep actinics for the shrimp. Or another idea is do the 2 tanks as 2 seperate depths. one more blue than the other, then you could have 2 very natural environments with entirely different species!! possibilities are endless. all you need now is to implement tides.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back