OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how the tank looking today, you an see how many colonies got bleached.

OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have traced this down to a cracked powerhead that continued working and leaching copper into the system. Once I have removed the culprit and added some absorbent media, it has addressed the issue.

kiet_kat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My icp test didn't show anything out of the ordinary besides elevated tin. Only affects my monti and digi. Flesh peeling

OP
OP
aquaticlog

aquaticlog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My icp test didn't show anything out of the ordinary besides elevated tin. Only affects my monti and digi. Flesh peeling
same here, apparently ICP won't pick up copper toxicity. Confirmed by Jack Adams at Reef Builders.

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have traced this down to a cracked powerhead that continued working and leaching copper into the system. Once I have removed the culprit and added some absorbent media, it has addressed the issue.
Just found your thread and watched your videos. I’m hoping everything is working great for you now. I’m running a 180 I have the same issues going on with my acros. Flesh peeling randomly. I’ve been reefing for a long time and can’t put my finger on it. Some acros are doing great then out of no where they’re peeling. This tank has been up for about 2yrs+ and this just started happening in the last 4months or so. Has things improved for you since you found that power head leaching? Going to check all my gear. What media did you use to help remove stuff out of the water?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%

Back