my mushroom from perry(OIAB)thanks!!!!

tampasnooker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a sweet St Thomas next to it too. I just picked up a colony of similar Rhodactis - darker red on the blue background. Can't wait to see them at that size.

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an update of my rhodactis 6 or so inches taken under actinics only...getting ready to sleep so its starting to retract
DSC09710.jpg

i wanna share a pic of my st. thomas 5 or so inches and orange yuma 4 or so inches
DSC09712.jpg

DSC09709.jpg

these are my monster shrooms...:)

tampasnooker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luisse, did you have to do much photo acclimation? I also just got a few red St Thomas and have a darker red rhodactis. Neither one seems to like much light. I have several other rhodactis colors and St Thomas - all took to light quicker. Is it something about the reds?

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NIce shrooms......What color is the yuma?
heres a pic under full lighting 14k phoenix with t5 actinic+,its in a shaded area on this pic before i put it out in the open...its orange color...this yuma came from somebody that he got from blazer 3 years ago...he grew it from a dime size...so if u blast captive grown orange yumas with lots of light it will turn pinkish?i saw blazers yuma when i bought from him a while ago when he still have his tank and i swear they are pink but they are high up the tank getting blasted with a lot of light....remember my 2 baby pinks before?(rip):cry:

if u can see on the pic i posted above the 2nd smallest yuma is pinkish....that came from rnegret...it stayed pinkish but not as pink when i first got it...........i guess its all about lighting....
DSC09615.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luisse, did you have to do much photo acclimation? I also just got a few red St Thomas and have a darker red rhodactis. Neither one seems to like much light. I have several other rhodactis colors and St Thomas - all took to light quicker. Is it something about the reds?
i got the red st thomas locally and i put it in a shade when i first got it...then after i just put it where i want it but in the area that i know its not gonna get too much light:)
my clownfish host on it heres a pic where i had it before(shaded) when i first got it....still small in this pic...clowns are 2 inches
DSC07544.jpg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
nice mushroom collection luisse.
I'm starting to pickup a few nice ones also. Gonna do some changing in my 240.

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks marty....i like them...im planning on setting up a nano tank with just t5 lighting...just all mushroom tank and a few zoas:)

tampasnooker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, you just keep showing nicer and nicer specimens. Is that purple a Tonga? I lost a nice colony 3 years ago to a heater fire.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
thanks marty....i like them...im planning on setting up a nano tank with just t5 lighting...just all mushroom tank and a few zoas:)

that's going to be cool looking knowing you.
be sure a start a build thread

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi heres an update on the shroom....i am very sorry the tank right now is a mess...with the baby on the way i havent paid much attention on cleaning so excuse the mess:Don the good side i set up a bigger tank..:)

right now the shroom have gotten really huge....the red st thomas just splitted into many babies and the mother got a bit smaller.

i will post nice pics when the shroom is in the new tank..for now heres the monster:)
DSC07699.jpg

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet mcuhroom thing is a mosnter, I do love the LPS though you have a ton of stunners down there.

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks m and m:)most of my lps are in my new tank already,though i still have lps here and there in the tank above:)

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When do you we get to see the new tank, that leather covers up most of the tank above.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back