LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,
I'm in Florida, Gulf live rock allows walk in business.
I guess I can hand pick my pieces.
Very lucky man. I honestly had no idea how much life was going to be on this rock and let it sit at airport for over 10 hours in the heat. Needless to say I lost alot of very nice coral, mushrooms, leathers you name it man. What I did end up with is awesome.
I'd probably be there often just buying rock lol

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Mr_Knightley did you see the Asd deadpool I posted earlier in thread?
I believe I posted alot from Asd collection way earlier in this thread as well:)
20200906_161800.jpg
Sweet! Jawbreaker-type discos are the only ones I really like, Rhods are still in the lead for me though. Just so much variety!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few pictures after cleaning the tables.
Was able to re engineer this battery operated gravel vac and get cleaning time down to about 5 minutes ;) It only operates when submerged to particular depth and only having 5-6" of water in these shallow tubs its created alot of challenges to say the least!
Anyhow I can live with 5 minutes a day. And each day that goes by its getting a little bit better. This isn't cyano. Its not dynos or any dynos that I know of. Just really fine haired algae thats only growing on the new sand and crushed coral i used building the tubs a few months ago.
20200909_165321.jpg

Now if they would only stay this way!
20200909_165355.jpg

20200909_165348.jpg

Also re trying my hand at having regular Jawbreakers in mushroom garden again. I believe with all the disturbance cleaning the tubs everyday was irritating them and they have been letting go of foot hold. They are perfectly fine on table with no sand sitting in tuppeware i dont have to clean everyday.
Anyhow check out stark difference in color between solid green Poletti JB and the regular JB's.
They are all a little mad after the cleaning...
20200909_165428.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more lights out sump pictures:) I'm sure I seen a baby black eel. I've seen ditritus worms and how they react to light its not worm like in its movements.
Its smart. It swims. Doesnt freak out about the light but also doesn't like it and eventually hides in the rock:)
Couldnt get a picture but I will.
The urchins came with the rock not sure what kind they are but solid black with white around the base of spines that almost make it look like a white star on black. I have some adult bergia nudis in there as well as all kinds of other stuff. Bergias must be breeding as i added 5 juvenile bergia to sump 4 or 5 months ago and have seen some huge adults here and there:).
20200909_200912.jpg
20200909_200859.jpg
20200909_200846.jpg
20200909_200838.jpg
20200909_200825.jpg
20200909_200748.jpg
20200909_200731.jpg
20200909_200724.jpg
20200909_200716.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be totally crazy and missed it previously but I'm sure if I look at pictures I already posted this wouldnt be there lol.
Its soft whatever it is. Flesh colored
20200909_213130.jpg
20200909_213116.jpg
20200909_213058.jpg

Looks like 2 little eyes. Baby dwarf octopus? I know they are common and found one in bottom of box when I recieved rock:)
I'll check on same spot tomorrow morning in case I'm losing my mind:)

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the jawbreakers are growing on me a bit... My LFS has a rock in the back of the store that's half covered in red discos and the other half is covered with GIGANTIC (3+") Original lineage jawbreakers! My heart skips a beat whenever I see them lol I have no idea where that came from or who owns them though...

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the jawbreakers are growing on me a bit... My LFS has a rock in the back of the store that's half covered in red discos and the other half is covered with GIGANTIC (3+") Original lineage jawbreakers! My heart skips a beat whenever I see them lol I have no idea where that came from or who owns them though...
Wow that would be really cool to see should get a picture next time. Are they not for sale?
They are nice to look at for sure. The regular Jawbreakers have been the hardest for me. Not sure if its the maturity of my system or the stress I put them under with my Nitrate overdose or what it is. Definetely the most finicky shrooms I have. Some of them are starting to come back around for me though.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that would be really cool to see should get a picture next time. Are they not for sale?
They are nice to look at for sure. The regular Jawbreakers have been the hardest for me. Not sure if its the maturity of my system or the stress I put them under with my Nitrate overdose or what it is. Definetely the most finicky shrooms I have. Some of them are starting to come back around for me though.

No, they are not for sale sadly. The only reason I even know they exist is because the LFS currently has some of my corals & my anemone and I've been checking on them whenever I go. I for sure ask to get pics, I may see if I can snag one lol.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they are not for sale sadly. The only reason I even know they exist is because the LFS currently has some of my corals & my anemone and I've been checking on them whenever I go. I for sure ask to get pics, I may see if I can snag one lol.
That would be awesome if you could snag one. I forgot you had that leak on your tank man. Hows that coming along?

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome if you could snag one. I forgot you had that leak on your tank man. Hows that coming along?

I've made an OK amount of progress, the canopy has been dumped (the supports practically fell apart as I moved it :eek:) and removed the lights. The tank itself still has a lot of sand and about an inch of water left inside, that coupled with the sheer size of the tank I'll need at least four people to get it to the dumpster, not to mention I'll have to rent plungers for the job. Sadly I won't be able to use my current sump (luckily just about the only thing I can't reuse) due to it being plumbed for an external pump that would not fit in the tank I'm getting.
I'm hoping very badly that we can get the new tank within the weekend, due both to the need to get the stinker out and the need to give my fish more space.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made an OK amount of progress, the canopy has been dumped (the supports practically fell apart as I moved it :eek:) and removed the lights. The tank itself still has a lot of sand and about an inch of water left inside, that coupled with the sheer size of the tank I'll need at least four people to get it to the dumpster, not to mention I'll have to rent plungers for the job. Sadly I won't be able to use my current sump (luckily just about the only thing I can't reuse) due to it being plumbed for an external pump that would not fit in the tank I'm getting.
I'm hoping very badly that we can get the new tank within the weekend, due both to the need to get the stinker out and the need to give my fish more space.
Couldn't imagine going through something like that! I've had my own close calls with Floods and dumb mistakes I made and its really stressful especially to see corals and fish in distress.
Yes I hope you do get things put back together as soon as possible and hope it goes smooth for you :)

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't imagine going through something like that! I've had my own close calls with Floods and dumb mistakes I made and its really stressful especially to see corals and fish in distress.
Yes I hope you do get things put back together as soon as possible and hope it goes smooth for you :)
Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot. I'm hoping to get the tank out either tomorrow or the day after, then all that's left will be getting the stand out and the new tank in.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot. I'm hoping to get the tank out either tomorrow or the day after, then all that's left will be getting the stand out and the new tank in.
For sure man wish I was close id come help you out:)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to do daily vacuum on mushroom tables.
Getting kinda excited about the regular Jawbreakers. Far cry from when I originally recieved them but they are starting to settle down and act like shrooms again and get some color back. Still not the orange/yellowish Jawbreaker yet but trying.
Here's that cipro treated JB:)
20200912_112803.jpg

Couple others starting to get red back:)
20200912_112826.jpg
20200912_112813.jpg

Back