OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems we have a CUC monster. Last cpl weeks I've been finding shells around. Didn't really think anything of it as I vacuum and clean my containers in back yard. Then I found a Mexican turbo snail shell and a cpl others that where too big to be sucked up by vacuum but figured they died and wife tossed them. Didn't think to ask.
Have also seen a few dog hairs here and there in water but thought nothing of it as he's always all in the way and nosey about everything.
But I just caught him red-handed with stinky breath and live snail still in his mouth lol wow.
Moose Monster!
20200914_195628.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been inspired by all the magic carpets lately and although mine was hit hard by Nitrate Nuke and I thought it was melting away. Lost almost all its bounces and shrunk to half its size.
It has been slowly bouncing back lately and I'm getting a little excited looking at it now lol.
20200915_163533.jpg
20200915_163333.jpg

michael inocencio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been inspired by all the magic carpets lately and although mine was hit hard by Nitrate Nuke and I thought it was melting away. Lost almost all its bounces and shrunk to half its size.
It has been slowly bouncing back lately and I'm getting a little excited looking at it now lol.
20200915_163533.jpg
20200915_163333.jpg
What is a Nitrate Nuke? Glad you're able to recover.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a Nitrate Nuke? Glad you're able to recover.
Faulty API test kit lead me to continuously dose Nitrates until I caught it. By time I caught it was undetectable super high on red sea kit and was probably like that for a cpl weeks until I figured out was going on.
Took me about 150% water changes over the course of cpl weeks to get nitrates to stabilize back down to 15-20 ppm.
Nearly lost my whole reef. One by one my mushrooms lost bounces, shriveled up to nothing. My st tomas and jawbreakers took the hardest hits though.
Anyway it is nice to see them coming back around its been a few months now:)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This shroom deserves a post here in the archives on my shroom garden reef :)
Idk what it is but one of my favorites and getting better everyday:)
If its not claimed soon I'm thinking about calling it inter galactic planetary incredible hulk gears of War shroom:)
Thanks to my little man
20200915_195913.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple lights out pictures.
Not sure if you can see it but looks like its smiling like the raisenettes sun face guy:)
Hitchiker Urchin and RFA on Gulf live rock man.
20200915_204348.jpg
20200915_204332.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit stressed. I recieved the inevitable call this morning that my mom has passed away and I have to fly out in the morning to handle my business. I'm holding up ok as she's been sick along time. My brother and sister not so much. It will be brutal but someone has to handle things:(
I'll be away from reef a little bit. I've tried to run wife through crash course of my daily reef life and I'm sure she will be fine. She just doesn't know all the tinkering I actually do on a day to day basis to keep things running. Honestly I've never really thought about how much I do to keep my reef going until now.
I'm just worried about the what ifs at this point and trying to cover all bases.
Trying to talk the wife into making an account here. Been trying to for a long time. In case something comes up and she needs the support.
Anyhow its going to be sad leaving the reef. My boy moose and my poor wife to fend for herself for the next 2 weeks.
Totally horrible!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit stressed. I recieved the inevitable call this morning that my mom has passed away and I have to fly out in the morning to handle my business. I'm holding up ok as she's been sick along time. My brother and sister not so much. It will be brutal but someone has to handle things:(
I'll be away from reef a little bit. I've tried to run wife through crash course of my daily reef life and I'm sure she will be fine. She just doesn't know all the tinkering I actually do on a day to day basis to keep things running. Honestly I've never really thought about how much I do to keep my reef going until now.
I'm just worried about the what ifs at this point and trying to cover all bases.
Trying to talk the wife into making an account here. Been trying to for a long time. In case something comes up and she needs the support.
Anyhow its going to be sad leaving the reef. My boy moose and my poor wife to fend for herself for the next 2 weeks.
Totally horrible!
Man... I'm so sorry that happened! Safe travels, losing relatives is never ever easy. I wish you and your siblings peace through this difficult time.
God bless man.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the reef today wife didn't do bad holding the fort down everything considered. All is well but mushroom tables needed a good cleaning and got it done.
Forgot how to take pictures lol bare with me a bit!
Here's that monster whatever it is bounce!
Its getting big and hoping it starts popping some babies. Probably around 3 inches now and really starting to pop.
20201006_123902.jpg

The Green Poletti
20201006_123946.jpg

Cipro Jawbreaker. Its mad after the clean but doing good and staying put on its rock!
20201006_124011.jpg

Oh yeah while I was gone I worked out a trade and picking up a neptune soon.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe I missed this thread but I'm glad I found it!

So sorry to hear about your loss @LRT....And I'm glad to see you back safe and the shrooms all look superb, good job wife!
Thank you Merkey greatly appreciated.
The wife did totally hold things down I can't praise her enough but she has always ran circles around me:)
Still alot of work to do on the reef.
Honestly I'm thinking about going back to racks. But tiles this time.
Feels like alot less work!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww nice pup! Do you know the breed? He almost looks like a Pit/Lab cross to me, though my whole life I've lived with English sheepdogs and English setters so my dog palette is not very diverse.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww nice pup! Do you know the breed? He almost looks like a Pit/Lab cross to me, though my whole life I've lived with English sheepdogs and English setters so my dog palette is not very diverse.
Yes i did get his DNA done. He's almost a perfect mix of Bull Mastiff× Cane Corso x French mastiff. 35% leaning toward French Mastiff. He has the pumpkin head but long face like the Corso but his head is getting huge everyday.
Hes our Mastiff mutt :)

Back