LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got snails?
Yes an assortment hopefully they find the plugs and go to work. May have to make a little box and lock a cpl snails in with babies next time.
Might even have to do that soon some of the plugs are getting a little out of hand. Whatever this algae is some shrooms don't like it for sure.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only went back 6 pages, I also have to clean up. ;)

DSC_0012 (1024x762).jpg

DSC_0013 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got Seneye? :D
I love this thing!
Since ive added this monstrosity of reef octopus skimmer with dual air intake I haven't seen much PH swing outside of a point. Nothing below 8 and do peak up around 8.2 during full lamp hours during day:D
Temps pretty consistent as well.
Screenshot_20210514-084447_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210514-084426_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210514-084517_Wyze.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT I am technology dumb... what is severe, what does it do, how do you set it up, etc...
Pretty much plug and play after you install the app. Super simple for my 2 finger typing computer illiterate self haha.
Constantly monitors temp, ph, ammonia, oxygen.
Added bonus is its also par meter that measures spectrum, pur and Kelvin.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add.
For constant monitoring you will need it plugged into an old tablet or laptop full time. Or there's a hack on brs that you can use a wifi stick.
Otherwise you just open app and plug it in for on the spot testing/monitoring.

I had a broken down laptop that I factory reset. Its working perfectly fine for this application so it just kind of worked out for me.
@F i s h y

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add.
For constant monitoring you will need it plugged into an old tablet or laptop full time. Or there's a hack on brs that you can use a wifi stick.
Otherwise you just open app and plug it in for on the spot testing/monitoring.

I had a broken down laptop that I factory reset. Its working perfectly fine for this application so it just kind of worked out for me.
@F i s h y
I'm going to be adding a tablet to my reef equipment. So that could work. Does it have an alk option?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be adding a tablet to my reef equipment. So that could work. Does it have an alk option?
Nothing for alk. After doing some research and getting feedback it sounds like the big boys are still trying to develop a constant, consistent alk monitor. Id love to have an all in one plug and play for when I get ready to step my game up into sticks and things. I think trident is closest thing you can get to getting fully auto with dosing atm.

Tablet should be fine. Ive seen people using them in research.
Seneye uses standard USB cable so it would have to have port at very least.

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing for alk. After doing some research and getting feedback it sounds like the big boys are still trying to develop a constant, consistent alk monitor. Id love to have an all in one plug and play for when I get ready to step my game up into sticks and things. I think trident is closest thing you can get to getting fully auto with dosing atm.

Tablet should be fine. Ive seen people using them in research.
Seneye uses standard USB cable so it would have to have port at very least.
Yea the things I want to be able to constantly monitor are alk, calcium, mag, nitrates, phosphates, temp, salinity. They are the ones I test for because my tank is exploding with growth at the moment. My sps are going nuts.

Is there anything that can monitor those things with out testing all the time?

I have done zero research but its going to be needed soon. I'm tired of testing, and I just received a 4 pump doser... so would be nice to set that up.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the things I want to be able to constantly monitor are alk, calcium, mag, nitrates, phosphates, temp, salinity. They are the ones I test for because my tank is exploding with growth at the moment. My sps are going nuts.

Is there anything that can monitor those things with out testing all the time?

I have done zero research but its going to be needed soon. I'm tired of testing, and I just received a 4 pump doser... so would be nice to set that up.
I just started a thread on this a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find that thread. I believe the feedback I got was someone is working on developing or fine tuning a system that does constantly monitor phosphates and nitrates along with ph, alk, mag and cal.
The way I understood its already for sale but still working the bugs out. Something tronic.
Once all that's constantly monitored I think I could get my head around setting up doser to maintain levels.

Easiest thing I've found to test alk is the Hanna checker.

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a thread on this a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find that thread. I believe the feedback I got was someone is working on developing or fine tuning a system that does constantly monitor phosphates and nitrates along with ph, alk, mag and cal.
The way I understood its already for sale but still working the bugs out. Something tronic.
Once all that's constantly monitored I think I could get my head around setting up doser to maintain levels.

Easiest thing I've found to test alk is the Hanna checker.
Yes I'm currently using hanna for alk and phosphates. Salifert for calcium mg and nitrates. I need a recommendation on a ph meter, I think I have a Hannah one... need to look and see if I can get it calibrated. That would be good to use lol. Or maybe I just dreamed I bought one...

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm currently using hanna for alk and phosphates. Salifert for calcium mg and nitrates. I need a recommendation on a ph meter, I think I have a Hannah one... need to look and see if I can get it calibrated. That would be good to use lol. Or maybe I just dreamed I bought one...
I love having those real life kind of dreams:)
I got mine used from reefer on here. Only used once to set par and boxed back up.
Best 95 I spent all year so far lol

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby minecraft ate some reef roids. Totally closed up and everything so she's doing something!:D
Ordered some live zooxanthellae to see if I can put some back in these shrooms that decided to dump after my light went crazy.
Lamp is totally driving me crazy right now. I'm going to have to hook up a hybrid t5 with it. There's a sweet spot at reccomended height all my shrooms are ok with. Since I raised it something is off. Not sure what. If its spectrum blend I just don't know but to get higher par on shrooms that need it. My shrooms that don't, just don't want it and can't get them settled in.
@danieyella what did you do for coverage on edges?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby minecraft ate some reef roids. Totally closed up and everything so she's doing something!:D
Ordered some live zooxanthellae to see if I can put some back in these shrooms that decided to dump after my light went crazy.
Lamp is totally driving me crazy right now. I'm going to have to hook up a hybrid t5 with it. There's a sweet spot at reccomended height all my shrooms are ok with. Since I raised it something is off. Not sure what. If its spectrum blend I just don't know but to get higher par on shrooms that need it. My shrooms that don't, just don't want it and can't get them settled in.
@danieyella what did you do for coverage on edges?
I still need to measure par in general, let alone the edges, but my "lower light" corals are all in those areas. 2 of my acanthophyllia (the more purpley speckled ones) hate light and super stress if they're in the center of the tank so edges of the tank work perfect for them. Blastos take up the bulk of the rest of those areas and are satisfied with what they're getting.

I need to get that seneye still.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need to measure par in general, let alone the edges, but my "lower light" corals are all in those areas. 2 of my acanthophyllia (the more purpley speckled ones) hate light and super stress if they're in the center of the tank so edges of the tank work perfect for them. Blastos take up the bulk of the rest of those areas and are satisfied with what they're getting.

I need to get that seneye still.
My bad I thought u where using supplemental lighting on edges for some reason

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad I thought u where using supplemental lighting on edges for some reason
I planned on it in the future. Was going to add the lumen bars but don't see the need yet

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEy!! @LRT

Whatcha doin??
Pay Me Make It Rain GIF by GIPHY CAM
Kinda just waiting for wife to come home to see how much trouble I'm actually in. No call or text tells me probably alot hahahaha dang man well you know where I am if I don't show up here hahaha

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.7%
Back