My name is Debbie and I am new to the group, I have a question I hope can be answered

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 01032021144715.jpg

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

Mine had vanished for a few weeks at a time. Thought he died. I think the shrimp may have closed him in a cave a few times here and there. Not sure how else to explain it vanishing.

I'm pretty sure the life span of most small shrimp gobies is about 3 years although my Yellow Watchman lasted 5+. I was still sad after I realized he was gone for good.

Still looking for a replacement after 5 months. I can hear the shrimp snap so I know he is still fine. MY LFS(s) in the area aren't really great and I'm done with online ordering.

So I'll stay patient.

Not sure of your tank size or rock work but if it's complicated and vast underneath I might wait it out for a little while longer, You never know.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
Are you Cheshire UK?
You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a pistol shrimp and Goby for two years, they were constantly together, but for the last 3weeks there has been no sign of the Goby. Would the Goby have died? and if it has could you introduce a new one. Since the Goby has disappeared the shrimp hardly comes out anymore.
I had a ‘dead goby’ situation with a high fin. Then I bought a yellow watchman goby. Two weeks later, the high fin showed up. Now the hif, ywg and tiger pistol live happily in the same burrow

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had a pistol shrimp and Goby for two years, they were constantly together, but for the last 3weeks there has been no sign of the Goby. Would the Goby have died? and if it has could you introduce a new one. Since the Goby has disappeared the shrimp hardly comes out anymore.
Sorry - that the gobies gone. Do you have a lid on your tank>.

Back