My new 200g peninsula build!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's great info - here's another great resource for live rock and amazing selection - limited retail hours and in the Eastern Shore boonies near Ocean City/Salisbury but Pacific East Aquaculture was worth trip... but not worth it from Texas... (nothing is worth a 24 hour drive (again)). Fortunately they do outstanding mailorder, but recommend making a trip some Saturday to see in person

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's great info - here's another great resource for live rock and amazing selection - limited retail hours and in the Eastern Shore boonies near Ocean City/Salisbury but Pacific East Aquaculture was worth trip... but not worth it from Texas... (nothing is worth a 24 hour drive (again)). Fortunately they do outstanding mailorder, but recommend making a trip some Saturday to see in person
nothing is worth a 24 hour drive (again) o_Oo_Oo_O

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know this is a reef forum but I cant help myself. My FW setups have been exciting the last week. My Oscar fish got Ich which I noticed on Wed. and promptly treated him in ICH X bath for 48 hours in a 20g tall hospital tank I have and cleaned 50% of his 75g tank treating it with ICH X removing the carbon from the filters. He is on the mend all his Ich appears gone from his body I put him back in his 75g but he is only eating sparsely.

Now tonight even more exciting my Geophagus seen in my picture for my avatar layed some eggs. I'm going to build a DIY egg tumbler to incubate these babies. My LFS (NOVA Tropicals) already requested to purchase these guys from me and I think its $22 a pop for these bad boys. I'm hoping to get 30 or so of these gonna get around $500 for this batch at a much needed time when the salt tank is a money pit.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know this is a reef forum but I cant help myself. My FW setups have been exciting the last week. My Oscar fish got Ich which I noticed on Wed. and promptly treated him in ICH X bath for 48 hours in a 20g tall hospital tank I have and cleaned 50% of his 75g tank treating it with ICH X removing the carbon from the filters. He is on the mend all his Ich appears gone from his body I put him back in his 75g but he is only eating sparsely.

Now tonight even more exciting my Geophagus seen in my picture for my avatar layed some eggs. I'm going to build a DIY egg tumbler to incubate these babies. My LFS (NOVA Tropicals) already requested to purchase these guys from me and I think its $22 a pop for these bad boys. I'm hoping to get 30 or so of these gonna get around $500 for this batch at a much needed time when the salt tank is a money pit.
I Dont Care Marie GIF by NETFLIX

Jonathan Adams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I scoped out the LFS in Richmond went to Azalea, Reefology, Tiki Corals, and Fishworld. Azalea had no live rock just dry rock but an amazing selection of fresh water fish with some salt water selection as well. Reefology looks like a go to spot for those exotic fish/pets you can't usually find anywhere else. Fishworld live rock was like $15 a lb give me a break. Tiki Corals once again does the solid in RIchmond VA they had live rock for $7.50/lb and not only that the guy sold me his skimmer he was going to use on his own aquarium. The RSK 900 isn't even available online he said its no problem for him because as a dealer he can get another easier than us plebes ordering online. I can't say enough good things about Tiki Corals support that store guys.
Awesome to hear!

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what I will probably wind up doing to save costs on lighting since I bought the 61" quad T5 fixture is move the XR15 from my QT tank and add 1 more XR15 and a XR30 to the T5 fixture while picking up a relatively cheapo coralife for $200 for my QT tank. So my display tank will have 4 60" 80W T5's for flood light with 2 Xr15's and 1 Xr30 for fill light. With that setup I should be able to easily support SPS.

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm guessing that the tank won't arrive today given that FedEx tracking number says Shipment exceptionWeather - Delay in transit. Crazy cause we only got 2" of snow and the location the package has been sitting in Harrisburg PA also only got 2" and its been there since Thursday. Amazon had no issue delivering packages today nor did UPS.

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more update. My QT tank is now officially cycled. All I did was nothing for 10 days and now I have diatoms as noticed in the pic and my nitrate reads 0.1ppm. 2 things stand out to me about this the #1 the cycle was fast considering I added no turbo start or nitrification additives and #2 I didn't really need the fancy hanna nitrate tester because is visually obvious the cycle is good to go with diatoms. Still good to have the nitrate tester to ensure it doesnt get to high for water changes I suppose.

Oh yeah I forgot I did do one thing I added 1 single solitary pinch of tropical fish flakes like 4 days ago just that one time.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20220119_212507145_MP.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220119_212507145_MP.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 101

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more update. My QT tank is now officially cycled. All I did was nothing for 10 days and now I have diatoms as noticed in the pic and my nitrate reads 0.1ppm. 2 things stand out to me about this the #1 the cycle was fast considering I added no turbo start or nitrification additives and #2 I didn't really need the fancy hanna nitrate tester because is visually obvious the cycle is good to go with diatoms. Still good to have the nitrate tester to ensure it doesnt get to high for water changes I suppose.

Oh yeah I forgot I did do one thing I added 1 single solitary pinch of tropical fish flakes like 4 days ago just that one time.
At least now you know that you can grow something... time for sps...

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least now you know that you can grow something... time for sps...
Yeah good news I get a $500 gift card from TopShelf Aquatics with the tank tomorrow!! Good timing on the cycle I need to quarantine coral for 76 dang days before they go into the big display.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah good news I get a $500 gift card from TopShelf Aquatics with the tank tomorrow!! Good timing on the cycle I need to quarantine coral for 76 dang days before they go into the big display.
Yeah, unfortunately mine did not come with that sweet livestock deal that they have been running. Paul at IM took good care of me though. I have never ordered from TSA but they sure do have some nice stuff that would be on my $500 wish list.

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And so the journey begins. The tank has arrived! Got to admit the size of it wasn't so impressive but the thickness of the glass is unmatched this thing will never leak! On the down side the thickness of this glass makes this tank super super heavy. Going to need a working party of at least 6 dudes to get this thing into my basement. I've got 4 pressure suction cups and a get it done attitude without much plan for moving this thing into the basement fish room. My wife says I should build a ramp down the stairwell I was thinking it could be carried by 6 people through the backyard and into the sliding door. Either way going to take 6 people to lift this thing onto the stand.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20220120_094612219.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220120_094612219.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 98
  • thumbnail_IMG_20220120_094715576.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220120_094715576.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 102
  • thumbnail_IMG_20220120_094732829.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220120_094732829.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 106

Juskr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hired profession aquarium movers to move my 200ext. They brought 6 guys and had to travel down 6 stairs. They used 5 suction cups and several rolling carts. The movers were very impressed with the quality of the tank. Best of luck with your move.

Did your tank come with a fitted screen top?

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hired profession aquarium movers to move my 200ext. They brought 6 guys and had to travel down 6 stairs. They used 5 suction cups and several rolling carts. The movers were very impressed with the quality of the tank. Best of luck with your move.

Did your tank come with a fitted screen top?
Yes I got a fitted screen top. I want fish and I don't want jumpers so I like that little extra.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back