My new Acroscape

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one that see's a tank crash as an opportunity for a re-scape....

Our hobby is amazing with all the ocean life we can bring to our homes, in corals, fish and other living creatures...but my favorite part is the art of creating the rock work this life lives on.

Here is my new acroscape, tank is 210G 7' long. I used STAX this time because I wanted to make something a bit unique, it allowed for making roller coaster type shapes and give space for water to flow throughout the scape.

This took lots and I mean lots of Aquaknead and superglue, I mix the glue into the aquaknead. This stuff is strong, I had to get an electric grinder to cut apart my old scape to remove it from the tank...and each of these new islands where lifted into the tank in one piece!

2zYyjwY.jpg

8yBkxS5.jpg

NQq96iq.jpg

XiTZI56.jpg

cApdeli.jpg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one that see's a tank crash as an opportunity for a re-scape....

Our hobby is amazing with all the ocean life we can bring to our homes, in corals, fish and other living creatures...but my favorite part is the art of creating the rock work this life lives on.

Here is my new acroscape, tank is 210G 7' long. I used STAX this time because I wanted to make something a bit unique, it allowed for making roller coaster type shapes and give space for water to flow throughout the scape.

This took lots and I mean lots of Aquaknead and superglue, I mix the glue into the aquaknead. This stuff is strong, I had to get an electric grinder to cut apart my old scape to remove it from the tank...and each of these new islands where lifted into the tank in one piece!

2zYyjwY.jpg

8yBkxS5.jpg

NQq96iq.jpg

XiTZI56.jpg

cApdeli.jpg
It's coming together, thanks for sharing

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquascape looks very nice!

OP
OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a few PM's for the build so here are some steps..the goal for this scape was to be flexible, both structures can be placed on either side and can be pushed together for a dense look or drawn apart for a minimalist look...

Started with some boxes of STAX and some dead rock
ZUHreCe.jpg

Making the base for some height and stability along with some shapes to give variety with the flat STAX rock
k4Vk8qT.jpg

rJ15ayg.jpg

Used Aquaknead and suerglue....in this ratio mixing the glue into the putty
p4Yg4zd.jpg

Z4leWVg.jpg

And more base for the other side
W293w4j.jpg

WdzeosY.jpg

Using whatever to get the design right...and grinding to make the rock fit
GLl1Im8.jpg

2fDmaEf.jpg

Then playing with some layouts...using the 2/3 template for a guide...but not an absolute rule.
iYZOIrC.jpg

8wRMHMy.jpg

NeirDie.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back