my new baby

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Oh man that’s awesome thank you! I might just have to get some! Gotta find a good place first!
Bring your reliable heater and a bubbler. I picked up coral in Vegas. They lived in the cooler in the room for two days perfectly

RAP

F i s h y

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

F i s h y

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

F i s h y

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Because R2R is delaying your feed.

There was a complaint mounted. Apparently you are deficient in your Duck/Fish/Smootch face tutorial.
I've been deficient in my overall attendance in general... ;) been a crazy week... and it hasn't stopped. The world creates chaos, I'm just along for the ride.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've been deficient in my overall attendance in general... ;) been a crazy week... and it hasn't stopped. The world creates chaos, I'm just along for the ride.
Don't work too hard bud. I think all the cool kids were playing hookie this week. Haven't seen a lot of the normal folk around as much.

Reefing_addiction

Corals over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Guys:
18D1D91C-24B2-45E2-9684-71A626630D87.png

Nof said

I’m saving up for a big hammer.

What’s the difference between a branching and a wall hammer?

I like the look of the branching hammer better. That neon one (yellow/purple) is SO beautiful.
Walls can be more finicky.

sp1187

The Great Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Don't work too hard bud. I think all the cool kids were playing hookie this week. Haven't seen a lot of the normal folk around as much.
hmmmmm.... i was here most of the week.
hey!!!!!!!! what's that mean.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
That’s the only reason?

A wall hammer is one complete piece. Branching hammers produce separate heads. So if 1 head of a branching variety gets 'sick' you can easily hack it off without affecting the other heads, thereby removing the problem entirely. With a wall hammer, if one section gets 'sick' it's much more difficult to remove it leading to the problem spreading to the rest of the colony and losing the whole thing. That's one reason branching hammers are preferred.

Reefing_addiction

Corals over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
A wall hammer is one complete piece. Branching hammers produce separate heads. So if 1 head of a branching variety gets 'sick' you can easily hack it off without affecting the other heads, thereby removing the problem entirely. With a wall hammer, if one section gets 'sick' it's much more difficult to remove it leading to the problem spreading to the rest of the colony and losing the whole thing. That's one reason branching hammers are preferred.
That’s the only reason?
What they said. And you also take a greater risk having walls shipped. They don’t ship well. They also eat up my calcium and alk. 3 of mine are walls. I would have 4 but one didn’t survive shipping.

They can be wonderful they get super fluffy when happy and have a different look compared to branching hammers.

They also take up more space in tank.

Avast

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Gotcha, thank you!

If I get a big hammer, I’ll get a branching. :)

Avast

When is the last time you purchased cleanup crew critters?

• Past few days

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Past few weeks

Votes: 45 22.8%
  • Past few months

Votes: 76 38.6%
  • Over a half a year

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • Over a year ago

Votes: 26 13.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.5%