my new baby... AKA The Café

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I just asked on yours but I caught up over here. Always worth it regardless. They never skimp on what they send. I remember my first order and being blown away by the size of some of the things I got compared to other vendors.

I see they're on vacation now... I need to place another gorg stocking order when they're back.
I answered over there lol.

But in regards to vacation, by the time I got everything in the cart and ready to order, it was past the deadline by a few hours.

I called Russ and he said no worries and got it packaged and shipped that day. That is what I call customer service.

Even if it had to wait until they were back, I would have been cool with it. Been awhile since he has had time off, so he needed it for sure lol.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)...corals are happy...;Happy...i'm not...;Facepalmlazy ,lazy ,will get you every time...:rolleyes:;)
IMG_20211014_151702_321.jpg
IMG_20211014_151716_812.jpg
IMG_20211014_151734_556.jpg
IMG_20211014_151748_425.jpg
your camera lens appears to need cleaning. ;)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright folks. Need some opinions.

I have to go get more sand. This is for the 7’ macro tank. Currently there is not much sand in it.

Should I get black sand or white sand?

I can get black sand with no metal or leeching, so think purely from an aesthetic stand point.

Tank will be all gorgs and macros of all colors. There will also be tons of branching coralline here and there.

I am leaning towards black for looks, even though this is a grow out. Still can look pretty, right?

I do have a worry with black sand, as white should reflect some light onto the bottom sides of the macro.

This is where I am torn lol.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have to go get more sand. This is for the 7’ macro tank. Currently there is not much sand in it.

I can get black sand with no metal or leeching, so think purely from an aesthetic stand point.

Tank will be all gorgs and macros of all colors. There will also be tons of branching coralline here and there.

I am leaning towards black for looks, even though this is a grow out. Still can look pretty, right?

I do have a worry with black sand, as white should reflect some light onto the bottom sides of the macro.

Tough call, I'm no help. I have black in the 4g pico and white in the other two. It's a nice change to have the one different.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough call, I'm no help. I have black in the 4g pico and white in the other two. It's a nice change to have the one different.
I am just thinking it will make the red and blue stick out so much more. But then the white will let me see how much algae is actually growing on the sand and reflect some light back up to the plants.

Decisions like this suck lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, for once, actually left it alone. Put in a huggy bear gif and the left it lol. Wanted to say so much more, but was actually a big boy that time and took a higher road lol.
Dude I missed it completely... If you were sidestepping the fun, could have at least tagged a homie in!

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plead the 5th. As usual, since I order form them a lot, there are some extras.
Don’t ask, don’t tell policy lol
:)...corals are happy...;Happy...i'm not...;Facepalmlazy ,lazy ,will get you every time...:rolleyes:;)
IMG_20211014_151702_321.jpg
IMG_20211014_151716_812.jpg
IMG_20211014_151734_556.jpg
IMG_20211014_151748_425.jpg
This reminds me of house parties were the sliding glass door was closed , it was miserable fun lol

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Black sand full send , how often do you use white sand vs black? It would really bring out color

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I missed it completely... If you were sidestepping the fun, could have at least tagged a homie in!
Some of us were in the midst of the fun even after trying to stay out... I even got a personal political assessment for trying to draw usefulness or intent from the thread! (Oh, the irony in context with that specific thread!)

I do wish that had not been the reason the thread got closed (though it probably would have been closed anyways based on where it was headed), since there is usefulness in such a discussion about avoiding typical social media issues here on R2R.

P.S. I'll try to remember to tag you along for the ride next time!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us were in the midst of the fun even after trying to stay out... I even got a personal political assessment for trying to draw usefulness or intent from the thread! (Oh, the irony in context with that specific thread!)

I do wish that had not been the reason the thread got closed (though it probably would have been closed anyways based on where it was headed), since there is usefulness in such a discussion about avoiding typical social media issues here on R2R.

P.S. I'll try to remember to tag you along for the ride next time!
If you go to the internet looking for a fight, someone will always help you find it

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree ^ I’m ashamed but in my teens I did that once or twice
Though I still dislike fights of any sort and try to avoid them, I'm not afraid to hold my own in an online discussion if my intentions are misinterpreted. I just wish I knew better how to actually help the situations (even when my intuition is that it is already bound to be hopeless).

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though I still dislike fights of any sort and try to avoid them, I'm not afraid to hold my own in an online discussion if my intentions are misinterpreted. I just wish I knew better how to actually help the situations (even when my intuition is that it is already bound to be hopeless).
Some people are thick headed you can’t control that lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back