my new baby... AKA The Café

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Growth pattern is so cool the John deere space invader one is real pricey
All pectinia is expensive. I never see a cheap frag, depends what you call cheap.. Most of the time, pectinia frags are over 80, including space invader. There are 2 places who will drop them to 60. The other color frank has, I have never seen.

Space invader is pectinia alcicornis. Elongata is listed at threatened. So, the one above could also be alcicornis. The growth, is weird... Okay, back to coffee.

Good morning all.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning again ...:)
yeah went back to bed...:rolleyes::D
IMG_20220619_031707_982.jpg

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All pectinia is expensive. I never see a cheap frag, depends what you call cheap.. Most of the time, pectinia frags are over 80, including space invader. There are 2 places who will drop them to 60. The other color frank has, I have never seen.

Space invader is pectinia alcicornis. Elongata is listed at threatened. So, the one above could also be alcicornis. The growth, is weird... Okay, back to coffee.

Good morning all.
Ty for the education , love it :)

Frags over $200 is expensive to me.

60-100 is my limit for myself currently with my skill level. I wouldnt want to take on a coral i dont feel good about at that price. Hence why i only have $20-$30 acro frags in now.

Frank has all the cool stuff

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how's your stick doing ?
the Steveapora... ;)
Doing good! It's in the frag tank, which is lights out at the moment. The alve has been struggling lately. I moved it down to the frag. Hoping it pulls back. It was looking so nice for a while there.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines on the bottom , low light with my gonis. Dunno where yours is

will gonis and alvepora sting eachother?
I don't believe they do. I had mine in the most shady spot(100-150 par) with medium flow. I admittedly had some alk fluctuations that may have prompted it's recent struggles.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe they do. I had mine in the most shady spot(100-150 par) with medium flow. I admittedly had some alk fluctuations that may have prompted it's recent struggles.
my alve did not ultimately enjoy being close to my goni. Not sure what happened exactly, but I added 2 goni to a garden of 6 alve and every single alve died within a month, even after separating them. It was really bizarre, the goni are both doing very well still.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting until my move to replenish the alve garden. I figure I'll do goni in one tank and alve in the other. Alve are *supposed* to be easier than goni. The only thing I can think if it wasn't the goni themselves is some kind of disease. But one by one the colonies were great one day, then fully retracted the next, then just RIP

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the colored goni's seem to be more potent, a red will even hold back a green.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was out for another dip and manual clean yesterday, the fox face, two scopas and the tailspot are helping, depending how the fish cope with the regrowth of the turf algae I might start cleaning twice a week and the next clean will be a peroxide basting again, it will never be back to it's glory days but I want it clean before I take it to my lfs to be fragged, it is trying so hard to be happy which adds to the frustration.

DSC_0004 (1024x683).jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back