Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all,
I'm too busy to keep up with the threads. Hopefully that changes soon with some vacation time, including some time to make some real progress on my build...

Question: Anyone familiar with light-bulb anemones? I definitely got several on my Gulf Live Rock. They are growing and doing well, though the tentacles are stretched out and thin now on the larger ones rather than light-bulb shaped. (Yes, I did confirm these had distinctly light-bulb shaped tentacles when they were smaller).
Are they destructive or invasive or a nice and interesting hitch-hiker like I hope?

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all,
I'm too busy to keep up with the threads. Hopefully that changes soon with some vacation time, including some time to make some real progress on my build...

Question: Anyone familiar with light-bulb anemones? I definitely got several on my Gulf Live Rock. They are growing and doing well, though the tentacles are stretched out and thin now on the larger ones rather than light-bulb shaped. (Yes, I did confirm these had distinctly light-bulb shaped tentacles when they were smaller).
Are they destructive or invasive or a nice and interesting hitch-hiker like I hope?
No idea but i'd love to see a pic..

First Choice Sale

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all,

Mine have never caused any problems. They move around some but they stay away from corals and other things. They're not invasive. I have the same number of them now that I had when I got the gulf rock years ago.

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
No idea but i'd love to see a pic..
I'll try to get some tonight. There are several that have enlarged and stretched out with thin, long tentacles now as well as a few that are still smaller with the distinctive light-bulb tentacle shape.

Mine have never caused any problems. They move around some but they stay away from corals and other things. They're not invasive. I have the same number of them now that I had when I got the gulf rock years ago.
Great to hear! That was what I had hoped, since I like them and want to keep them.

Nate Chalk

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Im proud of moving the drain pipes around today took probably 2 hours to get them all undone and situated again.

originally the tank was designed to be a peninsula and i could get to the gate valve , when we moved the valve ended up in the corner and i had to crawl under to adjust.

feels good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 13
Never Wash Another Nasty Filter Sock Again!
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi y'all,think i'm caught up,N poppin now... :)
IMG_20220705_124116_091.jpg

weather channel had index at 119 around 03:00...:flushed-face:
didn't sign up for this...:D
IMG_20220705_141306_103.jpg

no dip yet, no further damage...;)
on horn with daughter ,stormin' hard there again rt now ...:face-in-clouds:
have a great evening...:)

poppin...

Mibu

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all,

Bulb anemones are pretty safe. My cbb ate every single one. I should of sumped them. I enjoyed the look.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner
AquaSD
Top Shelf Aquatics

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Heard you’re going to see Godfather Frank next week…he has special surprise for you when you get there :winking-face:
Ooooo mhmmmm now I have no choice ;)

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Heard you’re going to see Godfather Frank next week…he has special surprise for you when you get there :winking-face:
Question is... do I have anything you might want...?

Do you have any special reefing plans for the fall season?

• YES (tell us about it in the thread)

Votes: 48 34.0%
  • NO

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • It's not fall where I'm from!

Votes: 6 4.3%
NYOS