my new baby... AKA The Café

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just made my first purchase based off my ICp it wasn’t cheap (but what is in this hobby besides advice!)

I was not able to get everything that I needed.
Looking forward to no water change sundays! Lol

where did you make said purchase. I figure better spend more up front for something that’ll save money in the long run

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did you make said purchase. I figure better spend more up front for something that’ll save money in the long run

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping this Really does eliminates the need for water changes and helps keep the tank more stable.

if it does than I would need to get less water from the LFS and buy less salt.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi all..still here ,ran into a gold mine...!!! pics n story later!!! hint..prob weighs half ton need help,and the empty van..;Wideyed;Happy;Woot;Woot;Woot;Dead going since 9 pm ..:rolleyes:this stuff is heavy...:oops: .. poppin':)

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeltedCoyote I had to get an ICP test dont first then you use his ICP calculator thing and it tells you what, how much, and how often to dose.

then I think you wait two weeks after you start dosing and send in another ICP test to verify. I think you have to test a few times in the beginning and then less afterwards. I’m going to go print the book he has on all of this so I can read it.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they come close in lawn but no,she can't hold ,they scoot away..but nest in same tree in front of house ,wonder how long they live? especially w @sp1187 around... ;Facepalm :)
some day I can't hit the ocean with a beachball. :cool: ;)

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just made my first purchase based off my ICp it wasn’t cheap (but what is in this hobby besides advice!)

I was not able to get everything that I needed.
Looking forward to no water change sundays! Lol

Not cheap initially, but it lasts quite a while once you get everything dialed in. The ICP you did unfortunately is not one of the more accurate ones, and I don't recall if that one does fluoride so don't dose that until you can test for it. I prefer ATI - seems to test most consistently as well. Pretty sure that's what Andre recommends with Triton as backup.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping this Really does eliminates the need for water changes and helps keep the tank more stable.

if it does than I would need to get less water from the LFS and buy less salt.
It really does.
@BeltedCoyote I had to get an ICP test dont first then you use his ICP calculator thing and it tells you what, how much, and how often to dose.

then I think you wait two weeks after you start dosing and send in another ICP test to verify. I think you have to test a few times in the beginning and then less afterwards. I’m going to go print the book he has on all of this so I can read it.
You'll send off your second test two weeks after you *complete* corrections. Some corrections are a day or two some corrections are 5 days.

As you go it'll get more dialed in and you can convert some things to daily doses and keep them stable and test less frequently as well.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really does.

You'll send off your second test two weeks after you *complete* corrections. Some corrections are a day or two some corrections are 5 days.

As you go it'll get more dialed in and you can convert some things to daily doses and keep them stable and test less frequently as well.
How often do you test in the beginning? I guess I’ll order another icp test. Maybe I’ll order a triton test for the second one?
Which one do you like ati or triton?

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One day one mushroom will become two
A55D7E8C-9D64-46F5-88C3-BD51AE43D496.jpeg

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really does.

Do you keep a lot of SPS? Because I don’t plan on keeping USPS my tank is mostly LPS soft corals.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you test in the beginning? I guess I’ll order another icp test. Maybe I’ll order a triton test for the second one?
Which one do you like ati or triton?
I test about once a month. I prefer ATI. I was testing every 2 months but then the miracle mud threw things out of wack, then I did the tank upgrade after removing that. Once I stabilize again I'll probably go back to every 2 months.

Send a test, takes about 1 week for results, correct 2-5 days, wait 2 weeks & send off a test again.

I did a triton randomly in the middle of everything and elements that were consistent tested *way* lower than ati was reading. I didn't dose them as much as triton results would have called for because it seemed suspicious to me, and the next ATI confirmed.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you keep a lot of SPS? Because I don’t plan on keeping USPS my tank is mostly LPS soft corals.
Not in my main tank - I have a pico tank that's mostly sps though.

I have mostly LPS/softies. My gorgs went through a massive growth spurt with it as well.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test about once a month. I prefer ATI. I was testing every 2 months but then the miracle mud threw things out of wack, then I did the tank upgrade after removing that. Once I stabilize again I'll probably go back to every 2 months.

Send a test, takes about 1 week for results, correct 2-5 days, wait 2 weeks & send off a test again.

I did a triton randomly in the middle of everything and elements that were consistent tested *way* lower than ati was reading. I didn't dose them as much as triton results would have called for because it seemed suspicious to me, and the next ATI confirmed.
Thank you! I’m waiting for my ati to show up so I can send it off. I will probably only dose the normal stuff for now calcium and alk. I already order stuff from the results of icp-Analysis even though I was told the numbers will probably be different at least I have a head start.

I didn’t order the mud I did order the vitamins. I didn’t order the bottles with droppers but I have a local science store that sells them so I’ll pick up what I need. I went one step further with the hand book
image.jpg

sorry to take over your thread Frank!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why you guys drive so fast? They say we're always in a rush out here in the left coast.
I was passing a car. Decided to hold the gas an extra minute. Gets the blood flowing..

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’m waiting for my ati to show up so I can send it off. I will probably only dose the normal stuff for now calcium and alk. I already order stuff from the results of icp-Analysis even though I was told the numbers will probably be different at least I have a head start.

I didn’t order the mud I did order the vitamins. I didn’t order the bottles with droppers but I have a local science store that sells them so I’ll pick up what I need. I went one step further with the hand book
image.jpg

sorry to take over your thread Frank!
Nice! I need to do that still. It sits open on a tab on my pc.

My biggest advice: do your rubidium daily instead of monthly! Huge difference.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HI ALL...:)JUNK SPBLAMMM...:rolleyes:;Facepalm
right after @F i s h y drove away w my corals..:(;Happy
Tifney calls says meet her at car we gotta look at something..at this point i can't remember what...o_O
family in town was emptying grandparents house giving all away...:oops:
talked to man said take whole garage if i like:oops::oops:;Woot;Woot;Woot
all untouched for years ,boxed power tools ,full tool boxes,bldg materials,grandpa was a collector, carpenter, mechanic,car/boat/bike detailer..yes i got the air dryer..:)
and a die hard fisherman...;Woot;Woot;Wootgoing to be like Christmas this week,as after i looked in a few boxes,stopped lookin',started loadin'OMG...:cool:;Dead
WP_20210515_17_44_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20210515_17_44_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20210515_17_45_32_Pro.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back